- Tronx One Electric Bike Launched In India; Priced At Rs 49,999
- Vazirani Shul — India’s First Electric Hypercar (Comes With Some Rocket Science Too)
- Top-Selling Cars In India June 2018: Maruti Cars Attain The Top Five Positions
- Government Scraps Second Tender For EVs — No Clarification On Exact Requirement
- Chandigarh Traffic Police To Fine Cars For Having Closed Outside Mirrors
- New Volkswagen T-Cross Compact-SUV Teased: Rivals The Hyundai Creta
American motorcycle manufacturer Cleveland CycleWerks (CCW) is planning to enter the Indian market. ET Auto reports that the company will participate in Auto Expo 2018.
Founded in 2009, Cleveland CycleWerks is the youngest motorcycle brand from the US. In India, it will compete against UM Motorcycles.
Cleveland CycleWerks offers only mid-range motorcycles ranging from 125cc to 450cc. All the motorcycles draw power from a single cylinder engine. The company is also specialised in custom motorcycles.
The motorcycles are divided into two segments, Classic Models and Modern Models. The classic motorcycles include models like Ace, Heist and Misfit. The Ace is the flagship offering from CCW and it has variants such as Scrambler, Cafe racer and standard.
In the modern category, CCW offers FXx, FXR, Hooligun X and Hooligun R. All the four models are off-road motorcycles with X and R being different variants. The company imports the components from China and retails its products in around 25 countries.
Previously, Cleveland CycleWerks planned to launch the Ace motorcycle in India by mid-2017. But now, the company has announced that it will make its India debut at the 2018 Auto Expo.
In recent years, several global motorcycle manufacturers have set up their shops in India. Cleveland CycleWerks is the latest addition to the list. It will be interesting to see how the Indian customers will respond to the new kid on the block.