- Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus Online Sale Postponed After Website Crashes
- Royal Enfield Pegasus 500 Online Bookings Start Today — Limited To 250 Units In India
- Royal Enfield Continental GT To Be Discontinued In The Global Markets
- Termignoni Reveals Performance Exhaust For Royal Enfield Himalayan
- Royal Enfield Crash Guards: The Latest Crash Guards For The Royal Enfield Bullet Shown In New Video
- Royal Enfield Classic 350 With Rear Disc Brakes On Redditch Edition
Carberry Motorcycles, the Austrian firm well-known for the Royal Enfield twin-cylinder engines has launched the 1000cc V-Twin engines in India. The Carberry Royal Enfield V-Twin engine is priced at Rs 4,96,000.
Carberry has not revealed details of the engine yet but will offer the complete engine, including the clutch and gearbox. The exhaust will not be sold with the engine since it varies between different chassis Royal Enfield makes.
To order the engines, customers will have to pay 50 percent in advance, while the shipment of the engine will take four to eight months.
There is a catch though. The engines are not road legal yet. Even if a customer buys the engine, the 1000cc V-Twin will not be endorsed by the RTO. To work around this little issue, Carberry is working with the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) to make the engine road legal.
The new Carberry engines are based on the new UCE engine with hydraulic push-rods, heavier starter motor, larger oil capacity (3.7-litres), oil pressure gauge, and a seven plate clutch. Carberry has also said that once the engine is approved by ARAI, complete motorcycles will also follow suit.
Carberry had posted a video a few months ago, and as per details, the engine had a carburettor feeding petrol but claimed a fuel injection model was in the works. As per previous claims, the engine produced 56bhp, which is less for a big V-Twin.
With the fuel injection system though, Carberry has the option of drawing better performance figures from the engine. Even though the engine is not road legal, expect a few die hard fans of Carberry Motorcycles to place an order, just to hear the V-Twin rumble and own something special.