Bought a new bike, and looking for a helmet?
A helmet is a must-have accessory for a biker, keeping in mind his/ her safety in the event of a crash. With hundreds of options to choose from, selecting the right helmet is often a difficult task.
Laws in most cities require two-wheeler users, to wear a helmet, but not all helmets on sale are safe. The safest helmets are often also the most expensive.
However, here are a few helmets costing lesser than Rs 5,000, which apart from looking stylish are also very safe:
Axor is an Italian company which manufactures helmets which are then imported into India by Vega. Axor's helmets are attractive to look at and comfortable to fit in. This particular helmet, with its Neon graphics and tachometer print, is especially attractive. Finding colours and graphics variations across Axor helmet models is an easy task.
Price: 4,250 + 250 Delivery charge
- Hard coated polycarbonate visor
- Eight way ventilation system
- Quick release visor mechanism
- Removable nose guard
- Removable and washable interior liners
- High impact ABS shell
- DOT level specifications
The SMK MA200 Twister is a plain, yet stylish-looking, feature-packed helmet. At first glance, the absence of attractive graphics on the helmet might be a turnoff. But, the overall design, and long features' list are the saving grace for this bluetooth compatible helmet.
- Available in XL (610 millimeters) size
- External shell aerodynamic, moulded in EIRT (Energy Impact Resistant Thermoplastic)
- Inner Resil coating to keep the liner fabric cool and dry, breathable, hypoallergenic liners, fully removable and washable
- Removable lower wind stop and nose guard
- Ventilation all air-vents are adjustable, air-vents on the chin, an air-vent on the upper part of the shell, rear extractor
- Visor scratch-resistant and rapid release, suitable for use with Pinlock original and extra wide vision (very wide visual field) with internal scratch-resistant sun shield
- Visor mechanism does not require the use of tools
- Retention system equipped with a practical quick release buckle for micrometric adjustment
- Bluetooth compatible
- Homologation: ECE 22-05
LS2 helmets are probably the most well-known full face premium helmets out in the market today. With a wide range of colours and graphic designs available, LS2s have managed to capture the helmet market well. This particular model with the 'garage racer' graphics perfectly fits the needs of bikers.
Price: 4,950 + 250 Delivery charge
- Weight -1350gms
- ISI approved helmet
- High pressure thermoplastic technology
- Front air intakes - Rear extractors
- Mercury Visor (Mirror Finish)
- Available sizes: Large (57 to 59 cm)
- Certification: ECE 22.05
This is yet another helmet from the LS2 range, which looks good, does its job well. The multi-coloured camouflage pattern graphics on this particular model makes it very attractive.
Price: 4,829 + 250 Delivery charge
- Outer Material: ABS Shell; Inner Material: Technical Fabric
- Color: Matt Black And Red
- Safety Feature for Helmet: Removable and Washable Comfort Liner, Hypoallergenic
- Laser-Cut Foam, Breathable, Breath Deflector; Strap Features: Quick Release Strap
- Reinforced Chin Strap, Multi-Density EPS, Neck Roll
- Safety Features for Visor: Quick Release System, Anti UV, Scratch Resistant
- Strap Type: Quick Release Chin Strap
Shiro is a Chinese helmet manufacturer whose helmets are imported into India by Vega. Shiro's helmets have a unique design which resembles that of those worn by Power Rangers. wearing one one of these would not make you a Power Ranger but would definitely keep your head safe.
- DOT and ECE/0NU 22.05 Approved for highest safety
- Aerodynamic design for optimum air flow with 4 Kit Vents
- 100% removable and washable liners
- Anti-allergic and breathable
- Anti-scratch 3D Visor with double curvature and excellent peripheral vision
Steelbird as a company manufactures and sells various styles of helmets. This particular one is an off-road inspired helmet, for road use. It might not have the exact characteristics one might want in a road helmet (Aerodynamics), but it does look good and is inexpensive.
- High impact ABS
- Good quality
- Anti odour