- 8 hrs ago Skoda Dealerships In India To Increase — More Than 225 Dealerships By 2022
- 9 hrs ago Yamaha R3 BS6 India Launch Expected Soon: Could Come With New Design & Features
- 10 hrs ago Pure EV Electic Scooter Warranty Extended For Battery, Motor & Controller: Here Are All The Details
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale: Discount Offers On Motorola G40 Fusion, G60, E7 Power, Motorola Razr, And More
- Sports Dhananjaya de Silva, Akila Dhananjaya guide Sri Lanka to a series-levelling win over depleted Indian side
- Movies Mohanlal To Shed 15 Kilos For His Sports Movie, Confirms Director Priyadarshan
- News Coronavirus cases: Gujarat govt eases lockdown restrictions; Allows 400 people in open ceremonies
- Education Government Likely To Offer OBC, EWS Reservation In AIQ For Medical Colleges Admissions
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala To Start New Airline; Starting With 70 Planes
- Lifestyle Friendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Taking a peek at a motorcycle being tested before launch gets the pulse raising for many. The much awaited TVS Akula has been spied for the first time on the outskirts of Bangalore. The Akula is the first fully faired motorcycle from TVS Motor.
The motorcycle was heavily camouflaged when one of our avid readers spotted the motorcycle. The motorcycle was seen testing on the Bangalore-Hosur road, and the motorcycle also bears a temporary Karnataka registration.
On first glimpse, the front looks very similar to the Bajaj Pulsar RS 200, but take a closer look and you realise it is the Akula. The front fascia of the test motorcycle looks very similar to the concept that was showcased at the Auto Expo.
The TVS Akula is the second motorcycle to make use of the BMW G310R's platform, the first being the G310R itself. TVS has decided to launch the Akula in the Indian market, before the G310R makes its debut here.
Speaking of power, the Akula could sport the same engine that powers the BMW G310R. A 313cc, liquid-cooled (first for TVS), single-cylinder engine that makes 34bhp and 28Nm of torque. The engine is expected to be mated to a 6-speed gearbox.
Once launched, the Akula will compete with the Yamaha R3, Ninja 300, and the king of the segment, the KTM RC390.
And just to tease your senses, the Akula's exhaust note is simply brilliant!