- 2 hrs ago Car Sales Report For July 2021: Skoda Registers Over 3,000 Units Last Month
- 3 hrs ago BMW 740Li M Sport Individual Edition Launched In India At Rs 1.42 Crore: 335bhp, Twin Turbo Engine
- 7 hrs ago 2022 Indian Auto Expo Postponed Due To COVID-19 Threat — New Dates To Be Announced Soon
- 8 hrs ago Honda NX200 Teased Ahead Of Launch — Honda Bets Big On Upcoming Budget ADV Tourer
- Movies Mahhi Vij And Jay Bhanushali Celebrate Daughter Tara's Second Birthday, Actress Pens Heartfelt Note
- News Assam's Cachar district declares Mizoram border no-drone zone
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Himanta leads prayers ahead of Lovlina's semi-final bout in Olympics
- Finance E-Vehicles Exempted From Registration Certificate Issue/Renewal Fee
- Technology Realme GT 5G Series To Comprise Three Models In India; Company Eyeing Flagship Segment?
- Education CBSE School Wise Result 2021 For Class 10th And 12th At cbseresults.nic.in
- Lifestyle Zareen Khan, Malaika Arora, Neha Sharma And Genelia Deshmukh Stun Us With Their Awesome Gowns
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Manipur In August
The Ducati MotoGP team has made tremendous progress, which is reflected by the riders. Previous riders explained that the Ducati machine has too much power, which cannot be laid on the tarmac easily. Major issue with the bike was wheeling and this was solved by winglets.
MotoGP officials have decided to ban winglets on the bike due to safety reasons. The winglet ban will be effective from the 2017 season. Currently, all teams participating in the 2016 MotoGP Championship are making use of winglets for better performance.
Engineers explain that winglets reduce the use of electronic aids such as anti-wheeling. The aerodynamic downforce created by winglets help in traction as well as keeping the front wheel down while accelerating. MotoGP riders have clearly benefitted from using winglets on their bikes.
Gigi Dall'Igna, Ducati Team Manager, believes that the ban on winglets is unfair. Rival teams do not want to give Ducati an edge over others. The Italian-based manufacturer began to use winglets in 2015. Since then, every factory machine utilises aerodynamic winglets.
The ban of winglets has been taken into consideration post Pedrosa and Dovizioso's clash at US GP. A minor incident where Marc Marquez's bike camera was dislodged owing to Andrea Iannone's Ducati and the winglets on his bike.