- 1 hr ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- 4 hrs ago New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo-Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.68 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Hyundai i20 2020 Models Interiors Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Details And Expected Features
- 6 hrs ago New Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan Bookings Open In India: Launch Expected In The Coming Months
- Lifestyle Janhvi Kapoor's Ruffled Dress Will Absolutely Drive All Your Blues Away
- Finance Top Gold ETFs In India To Bet On
- Movies Arjun Rampal To Fight Pawan Kalyan In Krish Jagarlamudi's Film?
- News Delhi violence: AAP govt to bear medical costs of affected, announces ex-gratia
- Technology Swiggy, Zomato To Get New Competition From Amazon Food Delivery
- Sports El Clasico: Real Madrid and Barcelona gear up to make history
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
The Indian two wheeler market has grown to its current level not just because of motorcycles but also due to scooters. Scooters are the favourite means of transport for young college going kids particularly among girls.
The number of women riding two wheelers increased heavily only after scooters were launched. The scooter is an ideal vehicle for women to drive as it offers a comfortable seating position and is easy to drive. The scooter segment has picked up speed in the past decade and now there is a huge choice of scooters specifically made for women.
More and more manufacturers are trying to attract women scooter by launching models that look smooth, are easy to ride and handle. Yamaha is the latest company to launch its scooters in India through the Ray. Drivespark takes a look at the top 5 scooters made for women.
Which One Do You Like?
Women love to ride scooters and manufacturers have responded by making scooters that are designed and built to suit the needs and requirements. Have a look at some of the best scooters for women in India.
TVS Scooty Streak
The TVS Scooty Streak is one of the most preferred scooters by women in India. It is light and hence is very easy to handle. It is powered by a 90cc engine and is priced approximately at INR 36,000.
TVS Scooty Pep +
The Scooty Pep + is the another version of the popular Scooty. It is powered by the same 90cc engine as the Scooty Streak, but the styling is different. The Scooty Pep + is being promoted by new brand ambassador Anushka Sharma. The Scooty Pep + costs upwards of INR 41,000.
The Yamaha Ray is the first scooter launched by the Japanese company in India. The Ray has been specifically made for women. In fact it is being hand built by women too at Yamaha India's plant. The Yamaha Ray carries an ex-showroom price tag of INR 46,000. Deepika Padukone is the Brand Ambassador of the Yamaha scooter.
The Honda Dio is a favourite among both boys and girls. The Dio has been liked for its wacky design and trust worthy performance. Honda which recently updated the Dio has increased the Engine capacity to 110cc from the previous 100cc, boosting performance. The Honda Dio's ex-showroom price is INR 46,000.
The Mahindra Flyte is one of the most powerful scooters among the ones made for women. It is powered by a 125cc engine that generates a peak power of 8bhp. It is available in five peppy colours and has an ex-showroom (Delhi) price tag of INR 41,200.