In a freak accident, an Andhra woman was burnt alive after the Mahindra Scorpio in which she was travelling caught fire.
As per India Today, the incident transpired in the early hours of Thursday when the Mahindra Scorpio SUV caught fire due to overheating while travelling on the highway in Andhra Pradesh.
The central locking system of the Scorpio failed when it caught fire which led to the death of the woman passenger identified as Nagamani.
However, her husband managed to escape, after passersby reportedly converged on the scene and dragged him to a safe distance.
While the cause of the fire is still to be ascertained, media reports stated that several questions remained unanswered. The police have registered a case, and additional details are expected.