- 1 hr ago 5 Things You Should Know About Mahindra – Everything In The List Will Surprise You
- 2 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder CNG Launched in India - Prices Start At Rs 13.23 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Pure EV ecoDryft Electric Motorcycle Launched At Rs 99,999 - 130km Range
- 4 hrs ago The Suzuki Jimny Is Going Electric - Here's What We Know So Far
- News The Hindu journalist mocks EAM S Jaishankar over 'Lord Krishna, Hanuman were greatest diplomats' remarks
- Sports Virat Kohli backs gender diversity in cricket as Harmanpreet Kaur becomes PUMA brand ambassador
- Movies Darshan's Kranti TV Rights Sold To Udaya TV For This Whopping Price! To Stream On This Platform
- Lifestyle Health Myths: 5 Most Common Myths About Health, Beauty And Mental Health
- Education Simple Tips to Improve your Spoken English Skill
- Technology Infinix Note 12i With AMOLED Display Goes On Sale In India For ₹9,999
- Finance Top Brokerage Firms Initiate Buy On 2 Banking Stocks Including 1 Penny Stock For Gains Up To 48%
- Travel Karli: A Great Excursion from Lonavala, Pune, Mumbai
Winter is here and it can take a toll on your car's health, especially if you live in colder northern parts of India.
As such, in this article, we will help you with tips and ways to protect your car from harsh climatic conditions, so that your car performs at its optimum condition.
Engine Oil & Coolant
It is recommended to change the engine oil and coolant during the winter season if you have not for a long time. Furthermore, it is suggested to use lighter engine oil during the winter season, but you can also refer user's manual to find the recommended engine oil for different temperature conditions.
If you are living in a place affected by extremely cold climatic conditions, we highly recommend checking your tyres, and changing if necessary. Moreover, using winter tyres on your car can help gain better traction in icy conditions, especially when the temperature drops below the freezing point of water.
Wiper & Washers
Before the winter season, it is always recommended to replace the wiper blades as the rubber in the wiper blade can get hard due to exposure to the sun. These hard wiper blades will not effectively clean the windshield and can cause permanent damage to the windshield. Moreover, checking the washer is also very important as some cars spray hot water to melt the ice formed on the windshield.
Be it any season, the brakes of a car should be checked periodically to ensure maximum safety. Also, we recommend inspecting both brake pads and brake rotors for any visible signs of wear and tear, and replacing them if necessary. Moreover, the brakes of a car must be given extra care during the winter season due to reduced traction in extremely cold conditions.
Windshield, Rust & Leaks
Checking your car for leaks and rust before the winter season is very essential as rusting might have accelerated during the monsoon season and it can affect your car's health. Also, checking the windshield for any leaks ahead of winter is recommended to avoid the accumulation of mist or fog.
Traffic jams are more common in hill stations during winter seasons and it will be very helpful if you keep an emergency kit in the car. The kit must contain a few protein bars, snacks with long shelf life, water, some basic tool kit, a flashlight, and a compass.
Thoughts About Car Care Tips For Winter
When the temperature dips below freezing point during the winter season, driving can be tricky due to a number of factors such as lower traction, poor visibility and more. However, the chances of accidents can be decreased by following the above tips and checks on your car.