- 11 hrs ago 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- 11 hrs ago Aston Martin DBX 707 Launched At Rs 4.63 Crore - Bond's Family Car Is In India
- 16 hrs ago 2023 BMW S1000RR Arrives With More Power, New Aero & Clever Sliding Tech
- 16 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Base Variant - Here’s What ‘Sigma’ Gets You For Rs 10.45 Lakh
- Sports Road Safety World Series 2022: India Legends beat Sri Lanka Legends by 33 runs to lift trophy
- News Swachh Survekshan 2022: CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Cong's Nath hail top ranks for MP, Indore
- Finance Cryptocurrency Fails To Stabilize, Market-cap Slips 1.39%: Bitcoin Plunges To US$ 19,286
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 6 Elimination Week 4: Will It Be Arohi?
- Education IGNOU Exam Form 2022 Out for December Term End Examinations, Apply Now at ignou.ac.in
- Lifestyle 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- Technology Realme Smartphones Receiving Updates For Jio 5G Support
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
The word 'Car' originates from the Latin word 'Carrus or Carrum', which means 'wheeled vehicle'. In the Middle English context, the Old North French term, 'Carre' implies a two-wheeled cart. Meanwhile in the ancient language, Gaulish, the term 'Karros' implied a self-propelled automobile.
Historians believe that 'car' appeared in the English vocabulary around the 1300s. They claim that there was also a term called 'Craet' in Olden English, denoting some means of transport. 'Craet' eventually transformed into 'Cart'.
Now that you know how the term came into existence, let us learn more about how the actual car came into existence.
An Automobile is made up of several components and involves many laws of Physics. Explaining everything on a single go is close to impossible. But it is always good to know a thing or two more about the things we like, right? That said, watch out this space for more car-related facts and trivia.