- 6 hrs ago 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N Accessories - Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Will Discontinue Small Cars If Costs Become Unviable - Govt. To Blame?
- 10 hrs ago Pune Man Comes Up With ‘Unique’ Solution To Beat The Heat Inside Car - Cow Dung Wrap
- 11 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler Urban Motard Launched At Rs 11.49 Lakh
- Movies Makers Of Janhit Mein Jaari Have Been Approached For The Regional Remake Rights Of The Social-comedy
- Sports India vs Ireland 2nd T20I, Highlights: Hooda, Samson sizzle as Umran Malik hands India thrilling win
- Technology Best Mobile Phones With 6,000mAh Battery Launched In 2022
- News Udaipur beheading incident: ASI suspended for negligence
- Finance This Quality Large Cap Stock Announces Record Date For Rs. 22/Share Dividend: Check Details
- Lifestyle Ashadha Amavasya 2022: Date, Time, Vrat Vidhi, How To Eradicate Pitrudosh, And Remedies
- Education PSEB 12th Result 2022 Declared At pseb.ac.in, Download Punjab Board Class 12 Result Here
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
A good number of people know how to drive a car, be it manual or automatic, people can drive the car. However, what most people don't know is what to do after an accident.
The most common thing we see after an accident nowadays is two drivers involved in accidents behaving like spoiled brats and a sworn of mobile cameras to record the incident. However, this is not the first thing to do after an accident.
So, here's a set of instructions that you should do after getting involved in an accident.
Do Not Flee The Scene
Never flee from the accident spot, even if it is your mistake. This is not only unlawful but it can also cause more harm than good for yourself. Moreover, it is essential for yourself to keep calm and not panic as this can lead to a string of bad decisions.
Stop The Car Carefully
The first thing you must do after getting involved in an accident is to stop the vehicle carefully. Though this is the most neglected step, this is very important as it ensures our safety but also ensures the safety of other road users as well.
Ensure Everyone Is Safe
After safely stopping your vehicle, ensure everyone's safety in your car and as well as the safety of others involved in the accident. However, sometimes due to the adrenaline rush, it might not be possible to quickly identify an injury. So, carefully check every side of the body.
Seek Medical Attention If Required
If anyone is injured in the accident, seek medical attention. As every car will have a first aid kit, use it to treat any wounds. If you are not sure about how to use the first aid kit, we advise you not to experiment with anything that you see in movies.
Take Photographs Of the Accident
Take photos of the accident from different angles, this step is also important as it will be useful for claiming insurance. The Claim could be settled without much difficulty with proper pictures.
Inform Your Insurance Company
After taking clear photographs of the accident, inform the insurance company regarding the accident, so that you can claim the insurance. Moreover, give them clear details not only about the damages sustained for your car but also inform them regarding damages sustained to other vehicles, if any.
Also, the surveyor from the insurance company would analyse the crash and will give you an estimate of any repairs. Only after this step, you should get your vehicle to an authorised mechanic/service centre. Sometimes, the insurance company also provides a towing facility.
Thoughts About Getting Involved In Accident
The best thing you can do after involving in an accident is to keep your cool and not panic. Moreover, there is no point in arguing as the matter sometimes can quickly escalate.