- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Kona Electric SUV Recalled In India: Possible Electrical Deficiency In High-Voltage BMS
- 5 hrs ago Renault Car Discounts & Year-End Benefits: Special Offers Of Up To Rs 70,000 Across All Models
- 7 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020 In India: Suzuki Motorcycle Records Over 64,000 Units Sales
- 8 hrs ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Hyundai Registers 9.4% Growth In Terms Of Domestic Yearly Sales
- News Sasikala seeks remission, learnt Kannada while in prison
- Movies Anushka Sharma And Virat Kohli’s Net Worth Of Over Rs 1200 Crore Will Make Your Jaws Drop
- Sports India vs Australia: Kuldeep is back in rhythm, India can try him in 1st T20: Sunil Gavaskar
- Lifestyle Nushrat Bharucha Exudes Eco-Friendly And Boss Lady Vibes In Her Green Pantsuit And We Loved It!
- Technology Excitel Revises Broadband Plans; Offering High Speed At Rs. 50
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
- Finance JP Morgan Cuts EPS On RIL By 7-8%; Sees Limited Upside In Share Price
- Education CAT Answer Key 2020: Check CAT Exam Answer Key 2020 Slot 1, 2 And 3
Volvo Trucks North America sets the first-ever Guinness World Record for "Largest Unboxing" in grand style as big-rig enthusiast Joel Jovine, age 3, unveiled Volvo's latest VNL 760 tractor trailer by unwrapping a large truck container.
Volvo let the three-year-old unbox the full-size truck to achieve the record as the unboxing had to be done manually. Guinness judged the unboxing to be a World Record going by the size of the object.
The truck measured 72 feet in length and weighed 16 tonnes. The other condition for the record was that, the box had to encapsulate the vehicle completely and needed to be opened manually without any tools. Guinness adjudicator Michael Empric supervised the feat.
That large box, made up of cellophane and cardboard, seems to be designed based on classic toy-package designs, including Volvo's die-cast model truck boxes. The box measured 80 feet in length, 14 feet in width and 18 feet in height and took 36 hours to build.
"Setting a Guinness World Record title was remarkable, but what was most rewarding for me was seeing Joel become so excited seeing the new Volvo VNL 760 revealed when he opened the box," said Magnus Koeck, vice-president of marketing and brand management for Volvo Trucks North America. "It's a great feeling to know both young and old have such affinity for Volvo Trucks and our values."
Volvo is no stranger to extreme stunts. The company's Epic Split video, in which the actor Jean-Claude Van Damme attempted his famed splits while riding between two moving Volvo trucks, currently counts an 86 million views on Youtube. This new record too is a great achievement for Volvo.