- 1 hr ago Hyundai Could Offer The Verna & Elite i20 With A New Engine — Part Of Upcoming BS-VI Plans
- 2 hrs ago Tata Motors Discontinue Certain Variants Of Safari, Zest And Bolt Models In India
- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- News Delhi HC issues notice in ED plea challenging anticipatory bail granted to Robert Vadra
- Movies Thalapathy 63: Vijay To Set A New Record With The Tamil Nadu Theatrical Rights Of The Movie?
- Technology OnePlus 7 Pro new OxygenOS update improves system and camera performance
- Finance L&T Shares Hit Record High On Increasing Stake In Mindtree
- Education MBOSE Result 2019: Direct Link To Check SSLC & HSSLC Result 2019
- Sports Sachin Tendulkar passes his father's words of wisdom to son, advises Arjun Tendulkar to never take shortcuts
- Travel Karighatta Hill: Abode Of Tranquility And Adventure
- Lifestyle Pseudogout: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
Pickup trucks and Light Commercial Vehicles (LCVs) are rugged machines that are extremely practical and useful. One can use them to transport goods or run errands. However, in most developing and underdeveloped countries, such vehicles are used to take people from one place to another.
This is not an issue if there is a decent seat for them to sit on and if there is a handle to hold onto. In most cases though, there are no seats and yet people use them in a risky manner. This always leaves the door open for mishaps and that is exactly what has happened in this video.
The incident took place in the South African City of Durban. The video starts off with a car rolling off a highway while recording with its dashcam. Just near the end of the exit curve, the car that is recording the video catches up with an LCV carrying three men in the cargo bay.
Of the three men, one was sitting on a portable power generator. The LCV was doing decent speeds on the reasonably sharp left-hand curve and this led the centrifugal force to push the generator and thereby the man outwards.
The power generator tilted to the right but was held in place by the cargo bay's body. The man sitting on the generator though, falls off and hits the tarmac backside-first. He then rolls over twice before coming to a halt. Going by what the video shows, it doesn't seem like he was injured seriously.
He immediately moves from the spot, showing that he was fine to an extent. This however, could have been fatal if there was a speeding vehicle behind the LCV.
Thoughts On Man Falling From LCV's Cargo Bed
It is not uncommon to see people riding in the back of a pickup truck or LCV even in India. Chances are that, one would almost always see people in the cargo bay of a Tata Ace or Mahindra Bolero. This however as proven by this video, is extremely unsafe. It could potentially be fatal and one needs to refrain from engaging in such rides.
Video Source: CBuddah G87