- Kerala Floods 2018 — Facts & Precautions To Know While Driving Through The Flooding
- Driving Licence And RC In Digital Formats Valid — Transport Ministry Notifies The States And Police
- No Phone Calls While Driving For Bangalore Bus Drivers — BMTC Officials Pass New Instruction
- Porsche Centre Bengaluru Sells India’s First 911 GT2 RS – The Most Insane Modern Porsche 911
- Gujarat Might Follow ‘One Citizen, One Vehicle’ Rule Soon — Government Asks RTOs To Prepare Data
- Seven Days Jail Time For Drunken Driving: Goa Police Asks To Amend Motor Vehicles Act Accordingly
Two bikers who travelled around the world for nine months have finally returned to Mumbai. According to Mid-day, Debashish Ghosh and his friend Dharmendra Jain rode their two BMW GS Adventure motorcycles across 34 countries on five continents covering a total distance of 68,000kms.
The two bikers started off their journey in the month of June last year. Ghosh said that he got inspiration to do this expedition from a popular tv show which showcases bikers on their world journeys.
Ghosh mentioned that the planning of the trip was not easy, but he managed to time it perfectly. He further mentioned that since the Indian passport does not carry the same weight as that of the US, acquiring visas for different countries was a big constraint. After being denied visas for certain countries like Canada and Morocco, planning such a trip successfully was an enormous task in itself.
Though it was a huge financial burden for Ghosh, it was his dream to complete such an expedition. He further said he chose to ride the BMW GS adventure motorcycle as he knew the motorcycle would be able to handle any kind of terrain along the way.
Debashish Ghosh mentioned how he had earlier ridden a Harley Davidson from Mumbai to Singapore, which brought up a lot of reservations during the trip.
On being asked which was the toughest country to ride in, he immediately responded saying it was India. He further added: "if anyone has ridden in India, they can ride anywhere in the world".
Thoughts On The 68,000km Around The World Bike Expedition
For many, an around the world bike trip with your best friend is a dream, with only a few people getting such an opportunity. It's not always as simple as taking a bike out and riding, the amount of preparation and planning before even attempting such a journey is an enormous task in itself. But, the experience after completion is something which cannot be explained.
Picture Courtesy: oneworldoneride