TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Pulwama Attack — All-Party Meet Begins; Rajnath To Brief Opposition
- 2019 Honda Civic Review — Has The Magic Returned?
- India Vs Australia ODI — Rahul Returns To India Squad; Karthik & Jadeja Miss Out
- Gully Boy Friday Second Day Box Office Collection!
- Mi Pay Standalone App Arrives With MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM: Reports
- It Maybe Time For These Beaten Down Stocks To Rally
- Latent Autoimmune Diabetes In Adults
- To The Amazing Town Of Morbi In Gujarat
Toll gates across the western and southern districts of Chennai set to increase their user fee. According to reports from TOI, the user fee of 20 toll gates including six in the city suburbs is set to rise by ten percent.
Contractors in-charge of constructing and maintaining the toll gates are allowed to revise their prices once every year depending on the Wholesale Price Index.
Of the 42 toll gates located in Tamil Nadu, 22 of these toll gates have already received a revised user fee since the start of September 2017, the 20 remaining toll gates will see a revision beginning from 1st April.
Officials from National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) said that they have worked out the increase in prices for the user fee.
Cars and light motor vehicles are set to receive a ten percent increase,while heavy-duty vehicles such as trucks and buses will receive an increase in prices by a small margin, less than six percent.
They also mentioned that fare of private omni buses and trucks carrying perishable items such as vegetables and milk might also increase.
However, government buses and private mofussil buses will not face an increase in fare as the Tamil Nadu government has amended the rules allowing the toll cess to be part of the bus tickets paid by passengers.
Thoughts On The Increase In User Fee Of Toll Gates Across Tamil Nadu
Though User fee on tolls has been periodically increased, there is still no signs of any development by concerned authorities. The highways in India still have not received basic amenities such as toilets, emergency telephone lines and healthcare services.