- 10 hrs ago Mahindra XUV400 Bookings Commence – Check Out All Details
- 1 day ago 2023 Hyundai Aura SX(O) Top Variant – Check Out All Details
- 1 day ago Mahindra Bolero Neo Limited Edition Launched At Rs 11.50 Lakh – Cheaper Than Top-Spec Variant
- 1 day ago Check Out This Willys-Inspired Mahindra Thar – Collapsible Windscreen, Tube Doors & More
- News High Court's new medical guidelines for rape survivors pregnant over 24 weeks
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: TV Star Nimrit Kaur Ahluwalia’s Educational Qualifications Will Leave You Impressed
- Sports India vs New Zealand: Shubman Gill to open, Prithvi Shaw will have to wait, confirms Hardik Pandya
- Travel Moidams Of The Ahoms: The Pyramids Of Assam, India All You Need To Know
- Finance Paytm - How to Check KYC Status?
- Education Final stage of Union Budget 2023-24 commences with Halwa Ceremony
- Technology Here’s Why You Should Skip Apple's Latest M2 Pro Macbook Pro
- Lifestyle Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: How To Support Children With ADHD
The Type 1 Toyota Fortuner that came to India was as butch as it got. However, for some customers, that old-school, boxy and muscular design is starting to look a bit dated.
This is the case with the owner of a Type 1 Fortuner seen in the video here. Looking to bring his Fortuner up to spec in terms of looks to the current day SUV, the owner headed to customisation shop Autorounders to get the job done.
Updating to a more modern look is sometimes needed especially when you have engines as robust and long-lasting as the ones Toyota put under the bonnet of the Type 1 Fortuner for India. However, the owner decided to take it to another level by adding a Lexus kit to the modifications list.
With the final modifications all agreed to, the team at Autorounders went to town on the Gen 1 Fortuner which was painted in a shade of Grey that looked faded after quite a bit of use. With all the parts that were no longer needed stripped out, the shop laid down a coat of primer before thoroughly sanding down everything (and adding primer wherever needed).
With everything ready for the new paint to be applied comes the other big change in this modification checklist. Instead of the original grey paint scheme of the Type 1 Fortuner, the owner decided to opt for a shade of black from the Porsche catalogue.
With the Porsche black paint colour applied, the new modified front end from the Lexus Kit was added to give this Fortuner its rather unique look. The front end looks like it was pulled off a Lexus LX SUV. Also added are the custom headlights with their integrated LED DRLs.
Thoughts About The Modified Toyota Fortuner
The Toyota Fortuner is one of the most well-loved 'large' SUVs sold in India and it comes as no surprise that owners want to keep them for long durations while also ensuring that the looks are up to date.
However, in this case, the addition of the Lexus-type front end is something that changes the look of the SUV and takes it away from the Fortuner design language.
Also, another factor to note is the increasing scrutiny modified cars are now under as both cops and the judiciary start bringing the hammer down on changes not approved under the Motor Vehicle Act. The recent case of a modified Thar in J&K is something that shouldn't be taken lightly.