- 1 day ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 1 day ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 1 day ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 1 day ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- News India’s ‘No First Use’ policy and increasing threat of Pakistan’s Tactical Nuclear Weapons
- Movies Kurukshetra Day 9 & 10 Box Office Collections: Earns Over Rs 10 Crore On Second Weekend!
- Sports Ashes 2019: Labuschagne steps up in Smith's absence as Australia survive Archer onslaught for Lord's draw
- Technology Difference between OpenGL and DirectX12
- Lifestyle How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Tracking cars via GPS and other allied technologies is quite the norm in today's world, and anyone can do it easily. There are also websites which allow tracking of aircraft, and they are pretty accurate too. Thanks to this SpaceX fan, tracking the only car in space has become easier.
Ben Pearson, an electrical engineer working in the aerospace industry has created a website called ‘www.whereisroadster.com' to track movements of the Tesla Roadster in space. On 6 February, American aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company SpaceX successfully launched its first rocket named Falcon Heavy.
The company, led by visionary Elon Musk took the world by storm. What does this mean to car enthusiasts? Well, The SpaceX Falcon Heavy is carrying a special payload. It is carrying a Tesla Roadster on its journeys in outer space, and this is where Pearson's website gets its name from.
The Tesla roadster it is carrying is in itself an engineering marvel. Revealed in December 2017 and powered by electricity, it is capable of accelerating from 0-100km/h in just 1.9 seconds while 160km/h comes up in just 4.2 seconds and top speed is claimed to be around 402km/h.
The Tesla Roadster is capable of providing such instantaneous acceleration thanks to the three electric motors which when put together, produce a peak torque output of 10,000Nm! A 200kWh battery pack powers the electric motors.
The $200,000 (Rs 1.29 crore) Roadster became the first car to go into space and can now be tracked via the website. Where Is Roadster displays details like the Tesla Roadster's distance from the earth, its distance from Mars, its distance from the sun, etc. It also displays the speed at which the Tesla Roadster is moving, strapped onto the SpaceX Falcon Heavy.
Wondering how an electrical engineer is getting such data from? Pearson has tapped into NASA and its Jet Propulsion Laboratory's data, and the parameters are being pulled out of there.
At the bottom of his website, Ben Pearson leaves his client with a humorous note stating, ‘Please note that this site is not in any way affiliated with Tesla, SpaceX or Elon Musk. I'm just this guy, you know?'
Elon Musk-led companies Tesla and SpaceX have together done something that many can only dream of, and enthusiasts like Ben Pearson are keeping the excitement high. The website created by pearson is for the curious-minded and those who love tracking objects in space.