- News Swaraj on 2 day visit to Bishkek for SCO Summit
- Technology Samsung India, Ready Action: Win Galaxy smartphones and Smart TVs by posting videos
- Finance SBI Jumps Over 7% Post Exit Poll Results: Should You Still Be Buying The Stock?
- Sports Five stars who featured in 2015 World Cup, but won't play in 2019
- Movies De De Pyaar De Weekend Box Office Collection: Ajay Devgn's Film Earns This Much In 3 Days
- Lifestyle Parents Do Not Want Their Son To Touch Himself And They Installed CCTV
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Tracking cars via GPS and other allied technologies is quite the norm in today's world, and anyone can do it easily. There are also websites which allow tracking of aircraft, and they are pretty accurate too. Thanks to this SpaceX fan, tracking the only car in space has become easier.
Ben Pearson, an electrical engineer working in the aerospace industry has created a website called ‘www.whereisroadster.com' to track movements of the Tesla Roadster in space. On 6 February, American aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company SpaceX successfully launched its first rocket named Falcon Heavy.
The company, led by visionary Elon Musk took the world by storm. What does this mean to car enthusiasts? Well, The SpaceX Falcon Heavy is carrying a special payload. It is carrying a Tesla Roadster on its journeys in outer space, and this is where Pearson's website gets its name from.
The Tesla roadster it is carrying is in itself an engineering marvel. Revealed in December 2017 and powered by electricity, it is capable of accelerating from 0-100km/h in just 1.9 seconds while 160km/h comes up in just 4.2 seconds and top speed is claimed to be around 402km/h.
The Tesla Roadster is capable of providing such instantaneous acceleration thanks to the three electric motors which when put together, produce a peak torque output of 10,000Nm! A 200kWh battery pack powers the electric motors.
The $200,000 (Rs 1.29 crore) Roadster became the first car to go into space and can now be tracked via the website. Where Is Roadster displays details like the Tesla Roadster's distance from the earth, its distance from Mars, its distance from the sun, etc. It also displays the speed at which the Tesla Roadster is moving, strapped onto the SpaceX Falcon Heavy.
Wondering how an electrical engineer is getting such data from? Pearson has tapped into NASA and its Jet Propulsion Laboratory's data, and the parameters are being pulled out of there.
At the bottom of his website, Ben Pearson leaves his client with a humorous note stating, ‘Please note that this site is not in any way affiliated with Tesla, SpaceX or Elon Musk. I'm just this guy, you know?'
Elon Musk-led companies Tesla and SpaceX have together done something that many can only dream of, and enthusiasts like Ben Pearson are keeping the excitement high. The website created by pearson is for the curious-minded and those who love tracking objects in space.