- 6 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 7 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 8 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 8 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News Karnataka Crisis: SC to take up rebel MLAs' plea, BJP keeps close watch
- Movies Bigg Boss 3 Tamil Week 4 Eviction List: 5 Contestants To Feel The Heat This Time!
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
A driver of Tesla Model S in China that plunged into a lake claims that his electric car accelerated into a river as he arrived at a Supercharger station in the Qingpu district of Shanghai.
Meanwhile in China, Tesla owner accidentally drives Model S into the river at the Supercharger Station. local media coverage? (Part 3)#Tesla #TeslaChina #TeslaCrash #China $TSLA #特斯拉 pic.twitter.com/6nA2ASxKJa— JayinShanghai (@ShanghaiJayin) March 6, 2019
The driver claims that as he pulled into the charging station, his Model S accelerated on its own, causing him to lose control over the car. The driver stated that the Model S then smashed through a fence before finally coming to a stop in the river.
The Fence seen in the video above seems to be quite delicate and wouldn't have stood a chance against a two-tonne car like the Model S. All passengers inside the electric car survived the crash and appeared to be quite okay, considering they had enough time to take selfies on top of the drowning car. The same cannot be said about the car itself. While the battery pack and motors are sealed shut, the rest of the car could end up being a total write off.
Who foots the bill will be determined by what actually happened. While the driver claims it was unintended acceleration on the part of the car, Tesla is currently investigating the incident and should be able to come out with the real reason behind the crash through its monitoring setup. Unintended acceleration has been blamed for many a Tesla crash, however, many have turned out to be cases of human error, where the driver has confused the accelerator and brake pedals and paid the price for the instant torque delivery from the electric motors.