- 15 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 1 day ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 1 day ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- News This video of Differently-Abled man delivering food on Tricycle is winning hearts online
- Movies Dreams Do Come True! Hina Khan Poses With Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jones At Cannes Chopard Party!
- Lifestyle Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Begins Her Cannes 2019 Journey With This Mermaid-cut Textured Gown
- Sports AC Milan 2 Frosinone 0: Piatek and Suso keep top-four hopes intact
- Technology Get Realme C2 in just Rs. 2000: Here are the details
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
A driver of Tesla Model S in China that plunged into a lake claims that his electric car accelerated into a river as he arrived at a Supercharger station in the Qingpu district of Shanghai.
Meanwhile in China, Tesla owner accidentally drives Model S into the river at the Supercharger Station. local media coverage? (Part 3)#Tesla #TeslaChina #TeslaCrash #China $TSLA #特斯拉 pic.twitter.com/6nA2ASxKJa— JayinShanghai (@ShanghaiJayin) March 6, 2019
The driver claims that as he pulled into the charging station, his Model S accelerated on its own, causing him to lose control over the car. The driver stated that the Model S then smashed through a fence before finally coming to a stop in the river.
The Fence seen in the video above seems to be quite delicate and wouldn't have stood a chance against a two-tonne car like the Model S. All passengers inside the electric car survived the crash and appeared to be quite okay, considering they had enough time to take selfies on top of the drowning car. The same cannot be said about the car itself. While the battery pack and motors are sealed shut, the rest of the car could end up being a total write off.
Who foots the bill will be determined by what actually happened. While the driver claims it was unintended acceleration on the part of the car, Tesla is currently investigating the incident and should be able to come out with the real reason behind the crash through its monitoring setup. Unintended acceleration has been blamed for many a Tesla crash, however, many have turned out to be cases of human error, where the driver has confused the accelerator and brake pedals and paid the price for the instant torque delivery from the electric motors.