- 23 min ago Tata Motors Denies Rumor Of Selling Passenger Vehicle Business
- 27 min ago Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Models Arrives At Dealerships: Deliveries To Begin Soon
- 1 hr ago Skoda Kodiaq TSI India Launch Delayed: Will Arrive In 2021
- 3 hrs ago Honda Offers Discounts, Exchange Bonuses & Other Benefits On Select Models In August 2020
- Finance RBI Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged At 4%
- Sports Rumour Has It: Coutinho close to Arsenal move, Barcelona reach agreement with Ter Stegen
- Technology Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 Review: Gaming Laptops Redefined
- Movies Shoaib Ibrahim Makes Wife Dipika Kakar’s Birthday Special By Surprising Her With A Homemade Cake
- News KEA KCET Provisional Answer Key 2020 released: Raise objections by Aug 8
- Lifestyle On Dipika Kakar’s Birthday, Her 5 Beautiful Ethnic Looks From Quarantine Days That Amazed Us!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
A driver of Tesla Model S in China that plunged into a lake claims that his electric car accelerated into a river as he arrived at a Supercharger station in the Qingpu district of Shanghai.
Meanwhile in China, Tesla owner accidentally drives Model S into the river at the Supercharger Station. local media coverage? (Part 3)#Tesla #TeslaChina #TeslaCrash #China $TSLA #特斯拉 pic.twitter.com/6nA2ASxKJa— JayinShanghai (@ShanghaiJayin) March 6, 2019
The driver claims that as he pulled into the charging station, his Model S accelerated on its own, causing him to lose control over the car. The driver stated that the Model S then smashed through a fence before finally coming to a stop in the river.
The Fence seen in the video above seems to be quite delicate and wouldn't have stood a chance against a two-tonne car like the Model S. All passengers inside the electric car survived the crash and appeared to be quite okay, considering they had enough time to take selfies on top of the drowning car. The same cannot be said about the car itself. While the battery pack and motors are sealed shut, the rest of the car could end up being a total write off.
Who foots the bill will be determined by what actually happened. While the driver claims it was unintended acceleration on the part of the car, Tesla is currently investigating the incident and should be able to come out with the real reason behind the crash through its monitoring setup. Unintended acceleration has been blamed for many a Tesla crash, however, many have turned out to be cases of human error, where the driver has confused the accelerator and brake pedals and paid the price for the instant torque delivery from the electric motors.