- 55 min ago BharatBenz ‘BSafe Express’ Reefer Truck Unveiled: Made-In-India COVID-19 Vaccine Transport Truck
- 1 hr ago Suzuki Access 125 Prices Increased Across All Variants: Here Is The New Price List!
- 2 hrs ago Earth Energy EV Upcoming Vehicles Teased Ahead Of Launch This Month: Here Are All Details
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Ducati Scrambler Range Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.99 Lakh
- Technology Realme C20 With Helio G35 Chipset Launched; Features, Price
- Movies Master: Vijay Starrer To Hit Amazon Prime Video On February 12?
- News Centre-farmer talks ends in deadlock again, govt says 18 month hold-off is best it can offer
- Sports Japan vaccination uncertainty casts doubts over Tokyo Olympics
- Lifestyle Ananya Panday’s ‘Let It Be Let It Be’ Tee Is Super Cool And You Literally Would Love To Steal It Away From Her
- Finance Top 5 Public & Private Sector Banks That Offer Good Returns Up to 6.5% On 1-Year FD
- Education Maharashtra Board Exams 2021: Class 10th SSC And Class 12th HSC Exam Dates Announced
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
It is always great to see designers taking one step ahead when it comes to creating new products for the automotive world. There are thousands of talented automotive designers across the world, who can actually predict where the industry is heading right now.
Here's such a visualisation — the Suzuki Seed concept — from one of our readers, Narendra Singh Chhetri, who is currently working as an automotive designer in Germany. Titled as an "Urban Autonomous Personal Mobility Concept", the Seed concept is a design solution to fight against the rising traffic congestion.
Narendra shared the fundamentals which underpin the Seed concept — it is compact, autonomous, electric and smart. The mood board shows how the concept took shape by taking inspiration from nature and lifestyle.
The Suzuki Seed is essentially a single-seater pod which functions by the same working principle of a Segway. The aesthetics are future-ready and the proportions are minimal. The headlamps and tail lamps have their own quirks as well.
The powertrain is entirely electric and the autonomous driving capability ensures that it offers a hassle-free travel experience. Even today, engineers are giving a lot of importance to autonomous transportation technologies since they believe it is a vital addition in the vehicles of the future.
Speaking more about the design, the unique front-hatch setup allows for the most efficient ingress into the pod (though not the most convenient). The drivetrain is placed under the cabin for the best space utilisation. From the creator's perspective, the design of the Seed follows the theme of life's origin — a womb, or maybe a bud from a ‘seed'.
The body structure is made out of composite materials; the production process of which causes minimal impact on the environment. The pod is also designed in a way that it feels airy and roomy, even within the compact dimensions.
"The world is changing fast and so are the needs of humans in livelihood and transportation. The challenges for a sustainable mobility system is on the peak due to traffic congestion and individual occupancy of large cars. There is a need to fill the gap between mobility solutions for a single occupant or a group, by not adding to the traffic congestion, but reducing it. The Suzuki Seed concept is a proposal in this direction", quotes the designer.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Seed Concept By Narendra Singh Chhetri
The Suzuki Seed is just a concept; a creation which may or may not make it into production. However, most of the everyday problems we face in our daily routine can be rectified through innovative and sustainable design solutions. The Suzuki Seed is one such good example for curbing traffic congestions in major cities, and keeping our ‘petrolhead perspective' aside, we really wish it becomes a reality in the near future.