- 5 hrs ago Rs 26,058 Crore PIL Scheme Approved By Government Of India; Government Expects 7.5 Lakh Job Opportunities & Rs
- 7 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Will Be Available In Five Different Colours; Pricing Starts From Rs 11.99 Lakh
- 9 hrs ago 2021 Kia Carnival Launched In India At Rs 24.95 Lakh: New Limousine Plus Variant Introduced
- 10 hrs ago Citroen C3 Unveiled In India Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Design, Features, Storage Space & More Details
- News Schools, colleges in Uttar Pradesh to remain shut on Friday, Saturday in view of heavy rains
- Lifestyle Health Benefits Of Mosambi Sweet Lime Juice: Treating Dehydration To Indigestion And More
- Movies KBC 13: Can You Answer The Rs 80,000 Question That Stumped Former Diplomat Manju Seth On The Show?
- Sports Dhoni named in 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Finance Air Traffic Increases 34% MoM In August
- Technology Realme Pad Review: Best Tablet In The Sub-20K Price-Point?
- Travel Awesome Beaches In India To Visit This Winter
- Education Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Date, History, Significance And All You Need To Know
Some countries celebrate the advent of summer by spending as much time as possible outdoors, going to the beach, enjoying picnics, and so on. However, in India things are a little different. Our summers outstay their welcome with a mission to make everyone's lives unbearable. No mild and enjoyable days here, that's for sure.
Your car can get adversely affected by the heat too, so it's important to prepare it for the summer. There are now a whole lot of accessories available for your car that can help provide some relief from the heat. Stay cool with this list of summer extras for your four wheels.
The story continues in the next section. Click through the slides for more:
Click further for our list of car accessories for summer.
Tired of having your sunglasses slide around while driving? Install a simple sunglasses holder clip that attaches to your car's sun visor and store your sunglasses there. In addition to removing the distraction of sliding glasses on the dash, the clip also prevents the sunnies from getting scratched, and can double up to store cards and tickets too. These effective holders are available on eBay for around Rs 350.
AC cupholders are becoming increasingly common because they serve as an effective way of keeping your drink cool. The cupholder attaches to the AC vents and holds your beverage in the path of the cool air. Products similar to the Nissan Evalia's AC cupholder are available in the market now with prices starting at around Rs 200.
Automatic climate control
If your car didn't come with auto climate control as a standard fitment, don't fret because you can now install a device to your car that give it this feature. A company called KrishTech builds a climate control module that can be wired to your car's AC, and is available for around Rs 4,000 on eBay.
Sweat and dust can give your car unpleasant odours that could make it unbearable to sit in, so install an air freshener immediately if you don't already have one.
Parking in the shade isn't always an option, and as a result the car's dashboard is often exposed to the direct sun. This not only causes the dashboard to fade and in extreme cases crack, but also dramatically increases the temperature inside the car. Dashboard covers provide a layer between the sun and the dash and absorb a lot of heat, keeping your car cooler.
Suction-type, detachable sun shades are widely available. In fact, you can even pick them up at a traffic light if you're lucky. They do a decent job of blocking the direct sun and hardly cost anything at all.
Storing a cold drink in the car is not difficult any more, with the advent of in-car coolers. They are available in several sizes -- from single-person cup coolers that connect to the 12V socket to larger sizes that begin at around an 8-litre capacity. Tropicool is a trusted brand for coolers, with prices beginning at around Rs 4,500 for smaller-capacity coolers. Car freezers are also available, though they are expensive and consume more power.
A car cover will not just keep your car clean, but protect it from the intense solar radiation associated with our summers.
Sun screens are now not only available in luxury cars, but the average car as well. Available either with motorised or manual operation, these sun screens are practical, allow fresh air in, and don't detract from the appearance of your car interior as well. Amritras is a brand that makes window and rear windscreen sun screens for most Indian cars, with prices starting around Rs 4,000.
This holds especially true for leather upholstery. Leather seats can become quite a nuisance in the summer, especially if they are dark-coloured. They tend to heat up more than regular seats, so it it wise to install seat covers that will ensure your legs don't stick to the seats (or burn, even!) and importantly, also protect the valuable leather.
We hope this little guide to summer car accessories helps keep things cool in your vehicle this hot season. If you come across any other accessories that you find useful, do write in and share them with us.