- 18 min ago Electric Vehicle GST To Be Reduced Soon — Government To Offer Other Tax Benefits As Well
- 24 hrs ago Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Modified: Rajputana Customs Have Outdone Themselves!
- 1 day ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- News Pak PM Imran Khan to meet Trump to reboot ties
- Movies Nikamma First Look: Abhimanyu Dassani & Shirley Setia Team Up For Sabbir Khan's Action Entertainer!
- Finance Bond Yield Rise After RBI's Das Says Future Policy Stance To Depend On Upcoming Data
- Sports TNPL 2019: Madurai Panthers vs Dindigul Dragons: Preview, where to watch, timing, head to head, probable XI
- Technology Oppo K3 First Impression: A Fresh Face In The Lot
- Lifestyle What Is Emotional Intelligence? 15 Ways To Improve It
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
NEW DELHI: Unique Signature bridge in Delhi opened on 5th November. The new Delhi Signature bridge in Wazirabad, Delhi region, goes over the Yamuna river. The iconic Signature bridge connects East Delhi to Wazirabad; reducing the North East Delhi – North Delhi commute from 45 minutes to just 10. Now, a drone video showing the design details of the Delhi Signature bridge has been released.
The eight-lane Delhi Signature bridge's length spans to 675m and has a height of 154m. It took 14 years for the Delhi government to finish the construction of the Signature bridge, but the final result is just stunning. To put it into perspective, the Signature bridge in Delhi is twice the height of the Qutab Minar.
Besides being an important route in Delhi, the Signature bridge also serves as a tourist spot with various photographic opportunities. There is a glass observatory at the top which gives a panoramic view of Delhi; accessible by four elevators, able to carry 50 people at the same time.
The Delhi Signature is also India's first ‘asymmetrical cable-styled bridge' and the centre portion is designed to resemble the Indian hand gesture, "Namaste". The entire Signature bridge project cost the Delhi Tourism and Transport Development Corporation (DTTDC) Rs 1594 crores, although the expense was initially expected to be Rs 1131 crores when the concept was proposed back in 1997.
From a civil engineering aspect, the Signature bridge in Delhi has 127 back-stay cable strands, 17,300-tonne spherical bearings, 460-tonne pylon base, 250mm-thick steel plate fabrication and a pendulum bearing to resist uplifts. First announced in 2004, the Delhi Signature bridge was supposed to open in 2010 during the Commonwealth Games.
Some of the facilities in the Delhi Signature are yet to open, but the tourism department is expecting a good spike in visits in the coming days. The government has not shared if there is an entry fee to the 154m-high glass observatory, either.
Thoughts On The Signature Bridge In Delhi
The Delhi Signature bridge definitely adds to the list of unique modern-day constructions in the country. Besides being a functional route to reduce traffic congestion, the Signature bridge in Delhi would also serve as a long-term tourist hotspot. Hopefully, the concerned officials will take strict measures to prevent vandalism; a common issue affecting most monuments and important constructions in India.