- 7 min ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Recalled To Replace Faulty Brake Component — Is Your Motorcycle Involved?
- 8 min ago New (2019) Hyundai Grand i10 India-Launch On 20th August — Even Ahead Of Its Global Public Debut
- 25 min ago Napino Signs MOU With Farasis Energy Inc. — Will Manufacture Battery Packs For EVs In India
- 2 hrs ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- Movies Kamal Haasan Has Not Paid Vikram His Salary For Kadaram Kondan?
- News Section 144 imposed in Bengaluru, liquor shops to remain closed till July 25
- Lifestyle L-carnitine: Its Benefits, Sources And Side Effects
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 7: UP Yoddha Vs Bengal Warriors: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Education Chandrayaan 2: Free Online Courses In Aerospace Engineering Offered By HRD Ministry's Swayam Portal
- Technology Asus ROG Phone II Launched – Other Gaming Smartphones That Might Face The Heat
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
Sachin Tendulkar, known as the 'Little Master' was all smiles as he took a vintage car for a spin while in London, United Kingdom. Sachin got behind the wheel of a 119-year old car and drove it around at the Royal Automobile Club. The Master Blaster was accompanied by his wife Anjali who spent most of her time capturing the moment from back seat.
Hormazd Sorabjee, Editor at AutoCar India, shared a video on Instagram. The video shows Sachin Tendulkar getting a hang of the gearbox before revving up the car for a drive.
His Instagram post read, "Fun evening at the Royal Automobile Club in London with @sachintendulkar and @tendulkaranjali. Cricket legend drove a 119-year-old veteran car. Impressed by the ease with which he worked the non-synchro four-speed gearbox. Top speed is all of 28kph! Big thanks to my former Haymarket colleague Jeremy Vaughan (he was responsible for launching Autocar India with me 20 years ago)."
Tendulkar also shared the video on his Instagram page, saying, "Drove the 119 year old Veteran Car, thanks to @royalautomobileclub, Jeremy Vaughan and my dear friend @hormazdsorabjee. An experience I shall always cherish."
Sachin Tendulkar is current spending time at England & Wales and partakes in match analysis and commentary for the ongoing ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
Sachin Tendulkar's love for sports cars is well known, and the cricketing legend recently shared his experience of driving a Formula 1 car for the first time ever.
Thoughts About The 119 Year Old Car Driven By Sachin Tendulkar
What a gem! While we are somewhat unsure about what car that is, we are given to understand that the top speed on the car is 28kmph! We think the car could be a product of Daimler Mercedes back in the year 1900. These cars have a number of variants with engine sizes ranging from 2.0-litre upwards, and power figures stood between 5bhp and 20bhp. How cool is that!
We wonder if we can get our hands on a bunch of vintage cars, maybe make a video series and call it 'Granddaddies Of New School Cars'. These cars were at the peak of tech back in their day and we feel the current generation misses out on all of it.