- 6 hrs ago Datsun Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available Across Models
- 7 hrs ago MG eZS SUV India Launch Scheduled For Early 2020: Doctor Strange Concurs
- 8 hrs ago UM Motorcycles Issued Legal Notice By Dealer Association: UM Lohia & Its Management Involved
- 9 hrs ago Isuzu Opens Sales-Serives-Spares Dealership In Andhra Pradesh
- News Maharashtra, Haryana election results today: Lotus set to bloom again, Opposition hopes for comeback
- Movies Akshay Kumar On Insecurities: Never thought A Guy From Chandni Chowk Would Become Akshay Kumar
- Sports French Open Badminton: Srikanth, Kashyap crash out in opening round
- Technology BSNL Offering 1GB Data With Its Rs. 108 Prepaid Plan
- Lifestyle 6 Science-backed Health Benefits Of Honeysuckle, Uses And Side Effects
- Finance Govt Approves BSNL-MTNL Merger; Offers Attractive VRS Package To Employees
- Travel 6 Offline GPS Navigation Apps For Android Users
- Education Top 10 Universities In QS India University Rankings 2020
There are hundreds of videos on the internet that show bicycles, motorcycles and even other cars crashing into the door of a car that was opened all of a sudden. Well, these incidents are more common than you would think.
While it may look funny to some people, it certainly isn't funny, especially for the people who actually crashed into the door that popped open in front of them all of a sudden. In order to stop this menace, some countries have made it illegal to open car doors onto the road. However, these incidents continue to happen.
The people getting out of the car do not see the other vehicle approaching from the rear due to multiple reasons. Sometimes, they might just forget to look behind and some other times they might be lost in thoughts. Now though, a solution is in sight.
A video has surfaced which shows its viewers the right way to open a door. The video speaks of a technique called the ‘Dutch Reach.' It is relatively unknown in most countries around the world.
However, it is part of the school curriculum in the Netherlands, thereby teaching its citizens the basics of safety right from a young age. The technique is extremely simple and will reduce accidents of this sort by a huge margin if everyone knew about it. It involves opening the car door using the farther hand.
This means, the ones seated on the right seats should use their left hand to open the door. The ones seated on the left side of the car should use their right hand to open the door. This way, a person's entire body turns towards the rear of the car while opening the door.
Also, if any vehicle is approaching from the rear, they will be within sight of the person. If put in practice, it will greatly reduce the number of accidents caused due to the sudden opening of doors.
Thoughts On The Right Way To Open A Car Door From The Inside
Accidents caused by sudden opening of doors have even lead to fatalities. If people are educated about the dutch reach, these incidents would reduce and lives will no longer be at risk. Passengers of low-riding sports cars will have to put in some extra effort to do this, but it will be worth it in the end.