- 42 min ago Formula One Legend Niki Lauda Passes Away At 70
- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Confirms Gixxer 250 Naked Roadster Launch — Coming Diwali 2019
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Rapid To Feature New 1.0-Litre TSI Engine — Upgrading The Czechs
- 3 hrs ago New Hyundai Venue Compact-SUV Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 6.50 Lakh
- Movies Kapil Sharma Mocks Bappi Lahiri; Calls him 'Maharani Of Jaipur'!
- News Men wearing Modi masks prepare 2,000 Kg Laddoos ahead of poll results
- Technology Infinix S4 launched in India with triple rear camera, 32MP front camera and more
- Sports World Cup prize money not too high than IPL
- Finance Reliance Beats IOC To Become India's Biggest Company In Revenue Terms
- Lifestyle Bhringraj Oil: Benefits For Hair & How To Use
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The trio are at it again! The Grand Tour will screen the 11th episode of season two, which will see presenters, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, go a journey across African country of Mozambique. While Clarkson picked a Nissan Hardbody 4×4 and May an old 1984 Mercedes 200T in the latest episode, Hammond has decided to ride an all-new TVS Star HLX 125.
While we are aware of the TVS Star, the HLX suffix is somewhat new to us. The TVS Star HLX 125 has been developed exclusively for the African market and not sold in India. The TVS Star HLX is based on the TVS Max 4R, that was on sale in India until recently.
A 110cc engine powered the TVS Max 4R, while the HLX 125 is powered by a 125cc EcoThrust engine producing 11bhp of power. The TVS Star HLX 125 is positioned as a commuter bike in Africa equipped with an electric starter, alloy wheels, among others.
As for The Grand Tour and its experience with the TVS Star HLX 125, the trailer of the episode two of the season two shows Richard Hammond falling several times in probably the harshest riding conditions. Hammond had crashed with a Rimac Concept One electric car, and this episode probably reflects Hammond's affinity to falling off a vehicle - pun intended.
DriveSpark Thoughts About TVS Star HLX 125
While Richard Hammond manages to crash the TVS Star HLX several times, the bike seems to take everything in its stride. The TVS Star HLX, built for the African market, comes with several excellent features despite positioned as a commuter or an entry-level motorcycle.