TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 Everything You Need To Know: 10 GB RAM, 5G Support And More
- Places That Will Drive You To Explore The Beauty Of Kilimanoor In Kerala
- Method Of Performing Ayudha Pooja
- Raj Thackeray Reacts To Tanushree Dutta's Allegations: Nana Is Indecent, But Can't Do Such A Thing
- BMW Unveils Their All-New X7 SUV — The First Seven-Seater BMW In History
- Danish Kaneria Admits Guilt After Six Years Of Denial In Essex Fixing Case
- Top 10 Unique Engineering Courses You Can Pursue
Accidents in India are not very uncommon, and many deaths occur everyday due to road accidents. Late in the evening on Republic Day, Bangalore was witness to one such fatal accident.
This particular accident however can be counted as a freak incident keeping in view how it happened.
A large eight-wheeled truck, fell on its side and literally flattened a Toyota Etios being driven by its side. The pictures make it evident that the sedan was completely crushed under the weight of the truck.
According to sources, the driver of the Toyota Etios was killed in the accident, and there was no other loss of life as the entry-level sedan did not have more occupants.
According to sources at the spot of the mishap, the truck driver caused the accident by taking a sharp right turn at considerable speed. The truck was overloaded with large paper rolls which are generally used in newspaper printing presses.
The sharp right turn at speed coupled with excessive weight brought the truck onto its side,crushing the Toyota Etios in the process.
Almost all truck-related accidents in India happen due to overloading. This is a problem which transport authorities have been facing for years now, but have been unable to get rid of it because of corruption.
The Toyota Etios is a well-built car with a high safety rating, however all safety ratings get thrown right out of the window when several tonnes of weight come crashing on the roof. We hope the problem of overloaded trucks comes to an end sometime soon.
Chat conversation end.