- 2 hrs ago Miniature Royal Enfield Bullet With Electric Drivetrain Built By Man For His Son
- 2 hrs ago New Mercedes-Benz GLE Spotted Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 3 hrs ago Gaurav Gill & Navigator Booked For INRC Accident At Jodhpur: State Government Orders Enquiry
- 5 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Launched in India: Priced At Rs 8.63 Lakh
- Finance An App That Helps Women To Take Control Of Their Finances
- News Heavy to very heavy rainfall likely in parts of Odisha in next 24 hours
- Movies Sye Raa Censor Report: Chiranjeevi Starrer Gets U/A Certificate
- Sports Best FIFA Football Awards 2019: Nominations, Timings, Channels, Live Streaming Information
- Lifestyle What Are Magnetic Eyelashes? Here Is How To Wear Them
- Technology Prototype Electric Sea Taxis Pulled Over By Cops For Speeding
- Travel Places To Visit In October In India
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
Using the Bangalore Metro Railway has been more convenient now thanks to MetroBikes, a bike rental company. MetroBike has launched its bike rental service across 36 Metro Stations in Bangalore and each metro station will house between 20-100 bikes including electric two-wheelers and bicycles.
This improves last-mile connectivity for metro users no end, as the users of the bike rental service do not have to come back to the metro station to drop it off. The user can end the trip anywhere in the city.
MetroBikes and their two-wheelers are depending heavily on technology and mobile-based banking for this service. The nearest available bike can be located using a smartphone app, and the user can then access the bike using biometrics, bluetooth or NFC. The bike will start once a one-time-password is entered.
Once the user stops his/her trip, that particular location becomes a pickup point for the next customer. MetroBikes is charging a reasonable fee of Rs 5 per kilometre and 50 paise per minute of using their bikes, and this is inclusive of fuel.
The metro railway is expected to make commuting easy and efficient. However, last-mile connectivity was almost always an issue. With the solution provided by MetroBikes, the issue of last-mile connectivity at all metro stations in Phase-I of the metro will be solved.