TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Fall Of Left And Rise Of BJP In West Bengal
- Bumrah Has 'Recovered Well' After Hurting Shoulder: Mumbai Indians Team Management
- Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG Driven Around With Fuel Pump Nozzle & Hose Stuck In The Car
- Filmfare Awards 2019 Winners List — Alia Bhatt & Ranbir Kapoor Take Home Awards For BEST ACTOR
- Skullcandy Push Review — Smart, Stylish Truly Wireless Earbuds
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
- World Tuberculosis Day: Ayurvedic Treatment For Pulmonary Tuberculosis
- Sensex Drops Sharply As Recession Fears Loom
Using the Bangalore Metro Railway has been more convenient now thanks to MetroBikes, a bike rental company. MetroBike has launched its bike rental service across 36 Metro Stations in Bangalore and each metro station will house between 20-100 bikes including electric two-wheelers and bicycles.
This improves last-mile connectivity for metro users no end, as the users of the bike rental service do not have to come back to the metro station to drop it off. The user can end the trip anywhere in the city.
MetroBikes and their two-wheelers are depending heavily on technology and mobile-based banking for this service. The nearest available bike can be located using a smartphone app, and the user can then access the bike using biometrics, bluetooth or NFC. The bike will start once a one-time-password is entered.
Once the user stops his/her trip, that particular location becomes a pickup point for the next customer. MetroBikes is charging a reasonable fee of Rs 5 per kilometre and 50 paise per minute of using their bikes, and this is inclusive of fuel.
The metro railway is expected to make commuting easy and efficient. However, last-mile connectivity was almost always an issue. With the solution provided by MetroBikes, the issue of last-mile connectivity at all metro stations in Phase-I of the metro will be solved.