TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Stephen Hawking's Last Paper On Black Holes Goes Online
- #MeToo: Stunt Director & Vicky Kaushal's Father Sham Kaushal Accused Of Sexual Misconduct
- Google Maps Causes Divorce After Husband Spots 'Cheating Wife' With Another Man
- Must-Read Interesting Facts About Allahabad
- Indian Government To Introduce Uniform Driving Licence Across all States In 2019; Comes With NFC
Using the Bangalore Metro Railway has been more convenient now thanks to MetroBikes, a bike rental company. MetroBike has launched its bike rental service across 36 Metro Stations in Bangalore and each metro station will house between 20-100 bikes including electric two-wheelers and bicycles.
This improves last-mile connectivity for metro users no end, as the users of the bike rental service do not have to come back to the metro station to drop it off. The user can end the trip anywhere in the city.
MetroBikes and their two-wheelers are depending heavily on technology and mobile-based banking for this service. The nearest available bike can be located using a smartphone app, and the user can then access the bike using biometrics, bluetooth or NFC. The bike will start once a one-time-password is entered.
Once the user stops his/her trip, that particular location becomes a pickup point for the next customer. MetroBikes is charging a reasonable fee of Rs 5 per kilometre and 50 paise per minute of using their bikes, and this is inclusive of fuel.
The metro railway is expected to make commuting easy and efficient. However, last-mile connectivity was almost always an issue. With the solution provided by MetroBikes, the issue of last-mile connectivity at all metro stations in Phase-I of the metro will be solved.