- 18 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 20 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 21 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 22 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: England sweat on Mark Wood's fitness
- Movies Maharshi Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 17: Inching Towards Those Magical Figures?
- News Will BJP form government in Madhya Pradesh: Chouhan has this to say
- Technology China Unicom announces world's first Super 5G SIM with 128 GB storage
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Using the Bangalore Metro Railway has been more convenient now thanks to MetroBikes, a bike rental company. MetroBike has launched its bike rental service across 36 Metro Stations in Bangalore and each metro station will house between 20-100 bikes including electric two-wheelers and bicycles.
This improves last-mile connectivity for metro users no end, as the users of the bike rental service do not have to come back to the metro station to drop it off. The user can end the trip anywhere in the city.
MetroBikes and their two-wheelers are depending heavily on technology and mobile-based banking for this service. The nearest available bike can be located using a smartphone app, and the user can then access the bike using biometrics, bluetooth or NFC. The bike will start once a one-time-password is entered.
Once the user stops his/her trip, that particular location becomes a pickup point for the next customer. MetroBikes is charging a reasonable fee of Rs 5 per kilometre and 50 paise per minute of using their bikes, and this is inclusive of fuel.
The metro railway is expected to make commuting easy and efficient. However, last-mile connectivity was almost always an issue. With the solution provided by MetroBikes, the issue of last-mile connectivity at all metro stations in Phase-I of the metro will be solved.