- No Phone Calls While Driving For Bangalore Bus Drivers — BMTC Officials Pass New Instruction
- BMW Launches 6 Series GT In Bangalore At A Price Of 58.90 Lakh
- BESCOM Sets Up The First Public Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Bangalore
- Tata Zest Launched In Bangalore
- 12th International Jawa Yezdi Day
- Battery Powered Cars For Bangalore RTOs
Using the Bangalore Metro Railway has been more convenient now thanks to MetroBikes, a bike rental company. MetroBike has launched its bike rental service across 36 Metro Stations in Bangalore and each metro station will house between 20-100 bikes including electric two-wheelers and bicycles.
This improves last-mile connectivity for metro users no end, as the users of the bike rental service do not have to come back to the metro station to drop it off. The user can end the trip anywhere in the city.
MetroBikes and their two-wheelers are depending heavily on technology and mobile-based banking for this service. The nearest available bike can be located using a smartphone app, and the user can then access the bike using biometrics, bluetooth or NFC. The bike will start once a one-time-password is entered.
Once the user stops his/her trip, that particular location becomes a pickup point for the next customer. MetroBikes is charging a reasonable fee of Rs 5 per kilometre and 50 paise per minute of using their bikes, and this is inclusive of fuel.
The metro railway is expected to make commuting easy and efficient. However, last-mile connectivity was almost always an issue. With the solution provided by MetroBikes, the issue of last-mile connectivity at all metro stations in Phase-I of the metro will be solved.