TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Four-Storey Building Collapses In Gurugram; Many Feared Trapped
- Virat Kohli To Be Rested For Last Two ODIs And T20I Series Against New Zealand
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- PayTM Mall On Republic Day — Samsung Carnival Offers
- Best Low-Priced Stocks To Buy For 2019
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On #MeToo Movement
- All You Want To Know About Toothukudi
- Deepika Padukone Adds Another All-black Ensemble With This Airport Attire
The Transport department has proposed a new draft which allows owners to transfer registration numbers from old to new vehicles. According to ET Auto, the old registered numbers can be transferred either to new four or two-wheelers.
The transfer of registration numbers is yet to be approved. On approval, owners will be able to apply online for the registration transfer, alongwith a processing fee. The proposed amount stands at Rs 500 for two-wheelers and Rs 5000 for cars. The amounts are yet to be finalised and are awaiting cabinet approval.
After the online application, a slip is generated with the old number being registered. The old number can be then taken to a dealer who on entering it into his system will provide the same number onto the new vehicle. The Motor Licensing Officer (MLO) will then provide a new number for the old vehicle.
Currently the transport department are said to be receiving upto seven applications for the transfer of registration numbers. This is mainly due to lack of awareness. Once the proposal is implemented the number of applications is expected to increase. Four categories of VIP numbers have been finalised, one of which allows owners to select a number of their choice.
Thoughts On The New Proposal of Transfer of Registration Number
The ability to transfer registration numbers of old vehicles to new ones is a good move by the transport department. With some owners paying large sums of money for a personalised number plates, it will be a welcome news for them to be able to keep that number even after changing vehicles.