- 3 hrs ago 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- 3 hrs ago Aston Martin DBX 707 Launched At Rs 4.63 Crore - Bond's Family Car Is In India
- 8 hrs ago 2023 BMW S1000RR Arrives With More Power, New Aero & Clever Sliding Tech
- 8 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Base Variant - Here’s What ‘Sigma’ Gets You For Rs 10.45 Lakh
- News Kodiyeri Balakrishnan passes away
- Finance Penny Stock Fixes Record Date For 2:1 Bonus Issue, Share Rallies 25% In 1 Month
- Sports Leclerc takes pole in Singapore as Verstappen struggles in wet conditions
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 6 Elimination Week 4: Will It Be Arohi?
- Education IGNOU Exam Form 2022 Out for December Term End Examinations, Apply Now at ignou.ac.in
- Lifestyle 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- Technology Realme Smartphones Receiving Updates For Jio 5G Support
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
Russian President, Vladimir Putin recently survived an assassination attempt while he was travelling. While more details regarding the assassination attempt are yet to surface, the GVR Telegram channel has reported that the left front wheel of Mr Putin's limousine was hit by a 'loud bang'.
However, it is not yet known when exactly the assassination attempt on Mr Vladimir Putin took place. Moreover, it is also been reported that numerous arrests have also been made in the country following the assassination attempt of the Russian President.
Looking at the incident, it is hard to imagine that the Russian President survived the assassination attempt without any injuries. Though details of the vehicle that survived the assassination attempt are not yet out, the Russian President has been known to be using a Russian-made Aurus Senat Presidential Limousine.
This new Aurus Senat Presidential Limousine replaced the Russian President's Mercedes-Benz S 600 Pullman, and it is developed in Russia by the NAMI as part of "Kortezh" project. Moreover, the Aurus Senat Presidential Limousine made its public debut at the Fourth Inauguration of Vladimir Putin in 2018.
There is also a standard variant of the Aurus Senat for Russian oligarchs to putter around in the country and it measures 5,631mm long and weighs around 2,700kg. However, the Russian President's Aurus Senat Presidential Limousine measures 6,700mm and weighs a mammoth 7,200kg.
However, a majority of this bulk is credited to life-saving armour in the Aurus Senat Presidential Limousine. This armour includes bulletproofing, reinforced glass, bomb-resistant underfloor structure, solid 'run-flat- rubber tyres, integrated "offensive" weapons, and an oxygen supply in case of tacking a bio-war. Moreover, the ballistic protection is rated at VR10.
To haul this such a heavily armoured limousine, folks in Russia took some help from the German sportscar manufacturer Porsche and plonked a 4.4-litre, twin-turbocharged, V8 petrol engine with a 9-speed automatic transmission.
Apart from that, the Presidential Limousine also benefits from a hybrid system with a single electric motor. In combined form, this powertrain produces a total of 590bhp of peak power and 889Nm of peak torque.
The Russian state media claims that the Aurus Senat can sprint from a standstill to 100km/h in just 6 seconds and continue accelerating till it reaches an electronically0limited 250km/h topspeed. However, we are not sure whether these performance figures represent the Aurus Senat Presidential Limousine or the standard 'Oligarch' variant.
While the standard Aurus Senat luxury sedan comes with features such as individual chairs at the rear, powered curtains, and numerous other functions, the details about the interior of the Aurus Senat Presidential Limousine are still under wraps.
Speaking about the Russian President, Mr Vladimir Putin has been in the international news ever since he decided to invade Ukraine. Recently, a group of politicians from St Petersburg appealed to the state Duma to charge Mr Putin with treason and strip him of power for Russia's military loss in Ukraine.
Thoughts About Vladimir Putin's Assassination Attempt & His Armoured Limousine
While assassination attempts on leaders and politicians are part of 'Occupational Hazard', an attempt of this magnitude further signifies the importance of armoured vehicles for global leaders, and the Aurus Senat Presidential Limousine has proved its mettle by protecting the President of Russia.