TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
The Royal family of England is one again in the news, but this time for a car crash. The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip has been involved in a car crash, Prince Philip was driving a Land Rover Freelander 2 when his car was T-boned by a Kia.
Prince Philip is 97-years-old and is the oldest surviving member of the British Royal family. Upon questioning, the Duke of Edinburgh apparently told police that he had been blinded by the sun and therefore couldn't see where he was going.
He escaped the incident unhurt thanks to the safety mechanisms and build quality of the Land Rover Freelander 2. Inside the Kia were two women and a toddler. The two women had to be treated for minor injuries, but the 10-month-old child was unscathed.
As a formality, drivers of both vehicles were tested for alcohol and it was found that both driver hadn't consumed any alcohol at all. The accident took place in the vicinity of Sandringham Estate, which is the Qeeen's private home.
Prince Philip was given first aid and then allowed to go home and police maintained that he would remain under supervision for 48 hours. This is owing to his age and a few health issues he had earlier.
Prince Philip is not involved in public affairs anymore and has since 2017 been living out of the spotlight with younger members of the family taking care of the country.
Thoughts On Prince Philip's Car Accident
Though all members of the Royal family are fit as a fiddle and are taken care of well, aging is unstoppable and age does a few things to the human body. Eyesight is one of the few things affected by age and as eyesight becomes weak, driving becomes dangerous. It was a miraculous escape for Prince Philip in what could have otherwise been fatal.