- Kerala Floods 2018 — Facts & Precautions To Know While Driving Through The Flooding
- Driving Licence And RC In Digital Formats Valid — Transport Ministry Notifies The States And Police
- No Phone Calls While Driving For Bangalore Bus Drivers — BMTC Officials Pass New Instruction
- Porsche Centre Bengaluru Sells India’s First 911 GT2 RS – The Most Insane Modern Porsche 911
- Gujarat Might Follow ‘One Citizen, One Vehicle’ Rule Soon — Government Asks RTOs To Prepare Data
- Seven Days Jail Time For Drunken Driving: Goa Police Asks To Amend Motor Vehicles Act Accordingly
Popular mobile-based cab service Ola Cabs suffered a technical glitch recently, allowing a person to book a cab to North Korea. The cab service app went even further to actually schedule the trip and billed the person Rs 1.49 lakh, while also providing the driver's details for the trip.
The person - Rohit Menda, shared the screenshots on Twitter. The screenshots show the confirmation of the trip from Bangalore to South Pyongan, North Korea. The images also show Ola Cabs sharing the basic details of the driver and the scheduled time for the start of the trip.
After sharing the tweet, Ola was quick to respond confirming it was a technical glitch. They further stated that the information has been forwarded to the relevant teams to look into the matter. Following the twitter thread, there were many other similar users who sent in screenshots of their bookings to various international destinations.
The technical team from Ola in a swift move seem to have resolved the technical glitch as the option for international travel through the cab service is no longer available.
Thoughts On The Ola Cabs Technical Glitch
While all of us dream of going to various international destinations, a technical glitch from Ola Cabs almost made the travel to these places possible.