- 1 hr ago Hero Xpulse 200 BS6 Power & Torque Figures Revealed: Becomes Less Powerful
- 2 hrs ago 2020 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Petrol-Hybrid Details Revealed: India Launch Expected Soon
- 3 hrs ago New Hyundai Elantra Official Walkaround Video Released: India Launch Expected Next Year
- 5 hrs ago Suzuki Swift Sport Spotted Undisguised At Delhi Airport: Spy Pics & Details
- Lifestyle 7 Things You Should Know About The Coronavirus Outbreak
- Technology How To Get 84GB 4G Data Per Month From Vodafone, Airtel, And Reliance Jio
- Movies Parvathy Thiruvothu Birthday Special: Top 5 Performances Of The Actress That You Should Not Miss!
- Sports Shane Warne unveils the greatest ODI XI he has played against; Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag make the cut
- Finance Get Doorstep Delivery Of Cash From Your Bank A/c In Kerala From April 8 Amid Lockdown
- News Coronavirus death toll in India rises to 124, positive cases to 4,789
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In April
- Education CBSE Academic Calendar 2020-21 For Class 1 To 12
Delhi is gearing up to tackle the winter pollution with the implementation of the odd-even scheme. The rationing scheme will be implemented in the state starting from November 4 to 15. The rule has been revised with new fines and exemptions from the previous iteration of the scheme.
The Delhi government announced that persons with disabilities will be exempted from the odd-even scheme. Other exempted vehicles include two-wheelers, ambulances, vehicles carrying school students and women from the rationing system.
The Delhi Chief Minister Kejriwal confirmed President, Vice President, PM; among other government official vehicles from other states will be exempted from the scheme. However, her also confirmed that the Delhi CM and the ministers cabinet will not be exempted.
Privately driven CNG vehicles will not be exempted from the odd-even scheme as the exemption stickers given to owners of such vehicles were misused during the last two phases of the scheme. Delhi government confirmed that the odd-even rule will be applicable from 8 am to 8 pm, except on Sundays.
The fine for the odd-even scheme has also been increased from the previous Rs 2,000 incurred with every offence. Motorists violating the odd-even scheme now will be fined Rs 4,000 with every offence caused.
The cab aggregator in the city will deactivate surge pricing during November 4-15, to support the cause in Delhi. US-based cab aggregator Uber had recently made a proposal to the Delhi government, to offer 5,000 bike-taxis and improve first and last-mile connectivity during the odd-even scheme as well.
The government has also approved and directed the state's transport organization to hire 2,000 CNG-operated buses which would be used during the odd-even road rationing scheme starting next month as well.
According to a research Delhi is the most polluted capital in the world. The Majority of pollution in Delhi are from vehicles, industries, smoke from burning garbage, and crop residue in nearby fields. During the 12-day odd-even scheme, motorists in Delhi can drive vehicles which end with odd and even numbers on alternate days.
Thoughts About The Odd-Even Scheme Returning To Delhi
Delhi seems to be thinking of all the strategies to make the odd-even rationing scheme work next month. With increased pollution the state has faced major issues over the last few years. However, the government is actively promoting the use of electric-vehicles CNG vehicles to overcome various difficulties faced by the public during the scheme.