- 36 min ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- 54 min ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For June 2019 — Honda Activa Continues To Remain Unbeatable
- 57 min ago Rs 9 Lakh For A Scooter? Honda Forza 300 Premium Maxi-Scooter To Be Launched In India
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Organizes Mega Experience Service Camp In India — Existing Customers Get Educated
- Movies SHOCKING! Salman Khan Was Not The First Choice To Play Chulbul Pandey In Dabangg
- Sports Overthrow rules come under scrutiny but it cost New Zealand a World Cup
- Lifestyle Maneka Gandhi Reveals Her Cotton Sari Was Woven By Pandit Nehru In Jail
- Technology Apple Might Acquire Intel's 5G Modem Business As Early As Next Week
- News Centre has rejects proposal to grant statehood to Puducherry
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
Turkey recently celebrated their Teknofest Istanbul Aerospace and Technology Festival. The festivities had a large number of visitors witnessing various events. One such event was the drag race, held at the newly opened airport in the city of Istanbul, Turkey.
The drag race held at the airport witnessed the participation of very different and unlikely participants. This includedan F1 car from Redbull Racing Formula One Team, Kawasaki Ninja H2R, an F-16 from the Turkish Air Force and the Challenger 605 Private Jet.
The F1 car was driven by Redbull Racing's test driver Jake Dennis, while the Kawasaki Ninja H2R was ridden by former professional motorcycle racer Kenan Sofuoglu.
The drag race also included a few road-legal cars in attendance, in the form of an Aston Martin Vantage, Lotus Evora GT430 and a Tesla Model S P100DL.
The video by Global Newsshowcases the drag race between the different machines. With the private jet and the F-16 occupying a runway each, while the third runway saw the remaining vehicles lined up.
From the start, the F1 car and the Ninja H2R were off to a good start, with the two of them racing with less than a motorcycle gap between the two. The race ended in a photo finish with the Ninja H2R taking the win.
The Kawasaki Ninja H2R took 9.43 seconds to cross the line, just 0.04 seconds ahead of the F1 car. The two were followed by the F-16 fighter jet coming in at third place.
The Kawasaki Ninja H2R ridden by five-time Supersport World Champion Kenan Sofuoglu. The H2R is one of the fastest production motorcycles in the world. It comes powered by 998cc, in-line four-cylinder supercharged engine. It produces 305bhp and 165Nm of peak torque.
Thoughts On The Teknofest Istanbul Drag Race
The drag race event was part of the Teknofest Istanbul. Organised by the Turkey Technology Team Foundation (T3F), along with the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipalities. The event aims to showcase the country's rapid advancement in technology.