- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Thar 700 Launched In India At Rs 9.99 Lakh — Limited Numbers Of A Fantastic SUV
- 6 hrs ago MG Motors Plans To Launch eZS All Electric SUV — Slated For Late 2019
- 7 hrs ago Renault Triber Teased Ahead Of Global Unveil
- 8 hrs ago Tata Tigor Automatic Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 6.39 Lakh
- News Weather today: Rains to pick up pace around weekend in Mumbai
- Technology Indian Consumer Prefer To Watch OTT Content For Free
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Super Shakib inspires Bangladesh to thumping win over Windies
- Lifestyle 8 Astonishing Health Benefits Of Drinking Cucumber Juice
- Movies Bepannaah’s Harshad Chopda On His Secret Girlfriend; Reveals Awkward Moment About Intimate Scene!
- Finance Nifty Earnings For Jan-Mar Touched 5-Quarter Low
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
A Nigerian man has had one of the most luxurious funerals in recent times. It did not involve red carpets or 21-gun salutes or even a luxurious dinner, but the one element that made it luxurious was a BMW SUV in which he was buried.
The incident took place at a remote village in Nigeria called Ihiala. The man's wealthy son named Azubuike had promised that he would one day gift his father a flash car. Before that day arrived, Azubuike lost his father to old age.
Being one who wouldn't give up, the loyal son went straight to the nearest BMW dealership and bought a BMW X6 to bury his father in. The car cost Azubuike around Rs 44.65 lakhs and is seen in this picture being lowered into the 6-foot deep trench dug by the villagers.
The car was lowered into position using large wooden logs and then the logs were pulled out, dropping the car into the grave. According to local media sources, Azubuike wanted to honour his father by buying the luxury SUV for his father's last journey.
The image depicting the incident has gone viral on facebook and has received mixed reactions from thousands. Several thousands responded in amusement, while thousands more criticised the decision to bury a BMW.
Some went on to call it insanity and selfishness, and a few others went on to make a valid point that it was an utter waste of money and the money could have been used in a better way. This however is not the first of such cases. Another billionaire from Nigeria had buried his mother in a Hummer in 2015 and a Chinese businessman was buried in his favourite sedan.
The BMW X6 is powered by either a 3.0-Litre inline-six-cylinder turbo diesel engine or a 4.4-Litre naturally aspirated V8 petrol engine. A 6-speed or 8-speed automatic gearbox drives all four wheels. The BMW X6 measures 4,879mm in length, 1,984mm in width and 1,689mm in height.
Thoughts On Man Being Buried In A BMW X6
The BMW X6 is probably the most luxurious grave yet in modern times. While the son's intention might have been to honour his father, it comes across as a waste of money, especially in a poverty-ridden country like Nigeria. A luxurious coffin might have made more sense, but to each his own.