- 4 hrs ago Tata Motors Sales Report (November 2022) - PV Sales Rise By 27 Per Cent
- 8 hrs ago December 2022 - New Car Launches In India - Here's What You Should Look Out For
- 10 hrs ago This Gaping Modified Toyota Fortuner Is Not For Everyone
- 12 hrs ago Top 5 7-Seater SUVs You Can Buy In India – Couldn’t Get Anymore Diverse
- Sports IPL 2023 Auction: Base price of players revealed; Sam Curran, Ben Stokes, Kane Williamson in Rs 2 crore band
- News Centre cautions FM radio channels on songs glorifying drugs, alcohol, weapons
- Lifestyle How To Combat The Loneliness And Overcome It
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 6: Azeem And Amudhavanan’s Spooky Play Amidst Chaos Causes Confusion
- Finance This Top Rated Small Cap Fund Gave 35.04% Annualised Returns On 3 Years SIP, Good To Invest
- Travel Without These Checklist Your Winter Packing Is Incomplete, Have A Look
- Technology Moto X40 Pro High-Quality Renders, Video Leaked: Can It Challenge Other Flagship Devices?
- Education CLAT Hall Ticket 2023 will be out n 1st week of December 2022: Get the Direct Link & Steps to Download the Hal
Modern cars come loaded with many technologies and features. One of the interesting features of a modern passenger car is its Keyless function. Cars equipped with the keyless function come with a key fob and this particular key fob is used for identification and allow access to various functions in the car including door access and ignition. That being said, here are 10 tricks and tips other than locking and unlocking that you can use in a modern car key fob to make your life even easier.
ORVMs are probably the first thing to get damaged while parked in a tight street. So, if you have parked your car in a tight street and forgot to fold the ORVMs, you can now simply take out the keyfob and long press the lock button to close the ORVMs without having to walk all the way to the car to manually fold the ORVMs.
In many modern cars, holding the lock button in the car key fob for a few seconds will close all the windows simultaneously. As such, the user does not need to close each window individually from the driver seat.
Modern cars now come with a remote boot unlock function, where the user can simply press the unlock button on the key fob to unlock the boot. Some modern cars even have a dedicated button in the key fob to unlock the boot.
Some modern cars come with functions to remotely start the car. With this feature, the user can remotely start the car to keep the cabin of the car cold or warm depending on the user's preference. This is a cool feature to have, especially if you are living in extremely cold or hot places.
Most car key fobs come with an alarm button to set off a loud alarm in the car. This feature can be used to find the car in a large parking space or even scare off criminals during an emergency. On top of that, the same feature can also be used to scare off criminals in case of an emergency.
Keep Profile Settings
Some modern cars come with multiple car key fobs and the preferred settings of the user can be assigned to a particular key fob. So, whenever the car detects a particular key fob, the car changes its settings as per the saved profile linked to that particular key fob. This profile setting is not only limited to the driving position but extends to other settings in the car as well.
Very few cars come with this parking feature where the user can step down from the car and use the car key fob to remotely park the vehicle. This feature is especially useful in tight parking spaces where opening doors can be a bit of a task. However, it is worth mentioning that only a very few cars come with this feature.
If you think modern cars with keyless function do not require any physical keys, you might be wrong. In case of a battery drain out, your car will not be able to identify the car key fob and unlock itself. In such cases, there is a mechanical key inside the key fob to manually open the door.
Thoughts About Cars With Keyless Function
The keyless function is a great feature to have in a car as it reduces the hassle of manually opening the door and starting the car. With the keyless function, the user can walk up to the door of the car and simply swing it open without having to touch the key. This means the car key fob can be kept safely with you without accidentally misplacing it anywhere else.