- 11 hrs ago Jawa 42 Bobber Launched In India - Prices Start at Rs 2.06 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Ducati Multistrada V4 Rally Revealed - The Long Distance Tourer
- 14 hrs ago BYD Atto 3 Electric SUV Infotainment Unit Can Do This
- 17 hrs ago Mercedes EQS 580 Launched In India At Rs 1.55 Crore - The Ultimate Luxury EV
- News How 5G in India will transform education
- Finance 6 Auto Stocks To Buy Ahead Of Festive Season Which Could Boost Auto Sales
- Sports Jamshedpur FC: Full Squad, Schedule, Formation, Possible Playing XI, Prediction in ISL 2022-23
- Movies Kantara Day 1 Box Office Collection: Rishab's Action Drama Opens With Decent Numbers
- Technology BSNL to Soon Launch 4G Services Pan India; Signs Deal With TCS
- Lifestyle Sara Ali Khan’s Ethnic Kurta Sets Style Is What You Need For Indian Wear
- Education Bihar NEET PG Counselling 2022: PGMAC Rank Card Released, Know How To Check
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
While India is home to the world's largest motorcycle market with an estimated 40 per cent of global motorcycle sales, not many people can brag about Kanyakumari-to-Kashmir ride on their two-wheeler.
In fact, it is only in recent years that more and more two-wheeler enthusiasts are doing such adventurous rides on motorcycles. Moreover, such rides have become a tad bit more common after various motorcycling clubs/groups started organising rides.
Moreover, Royal Enfield can also be partially credited for this 'ride to Himalayas' craze in the Indian two-wheeler community. The manufacturer even has a motorcycle named after the Himalayan mountain range.
With the boom of online video, many vloggers' profile includes at least one vlog of the Himalayan mountain range. Thanks to this trend, the Himalayan mountain range including Khardung-La (the world's highest motorable road) has become one of the fastest-growing tourist destinations.
However, the feat achieved by Girish Shet (a Vlogger and Motorcycle enthusiast from Mangalore) is not ordinary considering he has used an electric scooter for the K2K ride. In fact, his feat of riding an electric scooter from Kanyakumari to Kashmir or even Kanyakumari to Khardung-La could be the first in India, and Girish has applied for verification and confirmation to get into the 'India Book of Records'.
Coming to the electric scooter, Girish used a Bounce Infinity E1 electric scooter, christened 'Ruby', and going by his words, the electric scooter rather outperformed itself in the trip.
Speaking about "Ruby", Girish said that he tried to break the electric scooter but it wouldn't. "I have done off-roading, climbed rock mountains, rode on rocky and sandy roads, yet the scooter didn't complain. I believe it outperformed itself when it took me through a sand storm while heading from Kargil to Leh", he added.
To support this trip, Bounce had given Girish five additional swappable batteries to make the journey a bit more convenient as each battery would only last for 70km before charging it again. Thanks to these additional batteries, Girish could do about 250km per day, and charge the battery packs while resting at night.
Over the whole ride, the Bounce Infinity E1 electric scooter and Girish covered 4,340km through 11 states. For this, it took 83 battery swaps and 19 days to complete the whole journey.
With such a trip, Girish reminds everyone that true determination is the key to success.
Speaking about Girish, he has always been an avid biker and has been riding great distances on motorcycles. While he started vlogging five years ago under the tag, 'Weekend on Wheels', he has also been actively vlogging about classic vehicles through his 'Never out of Fashion' series - Covering his biking journey and providing in-depth reviews of high-end bikes.
During the second half of 2021, a heart attack took him out of vlogging for a few weeks, but he quickly bounced back even stronger and set out on a ride to Lonavala to attend IBW (India Bike Week), documenting the journey in his vlog series - 'Reclaiming Myself Ride' .
"Life hits everyone and it hits some people even harder. They just have to bounce back and come back stronger. Life had hit me hard and so did my depression. But it is the passion for riding that got me back on the saddle to achieve this feat. If you make up your mind and train your body, you can achieve anything", Girish added.
Thoughts About Girish's K2K Ride
Girish has always been a keen rider with skills to back his enthusiasm and started vlogging five years ago. Now, with the K2K ride, Girish has proved that it is the determination and passion that makes you do the "I'm Possible".