- 1 hr ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Sales Going Strong; Matches That Of TVS Apache RR 310 — Here’s Why
- 1 hr ago Bajaj TVS And Hero MotoCorp Against 100 Percent Electrification
- 1 hr ago BMW Reveals All Electric Car Power BEV At NEXTGen — Built On The 5 Series Platform
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Bookings And Deliveries — Receives Over 33,000 Bookings Within First Month
- Sports 1983 World Cup triumph: Shastri recalls the game that gave them the belief
- Lifestyle Raw Bananas: Nutritional Health Benefits, Risks, & Recipes
- Movies Arjun Kapoor-Malaika Arora Jet Off To Mystery Destination For A Romantic Getaway!
- News Rajiv Gandhi assassination: HC allows Nalini to appear in person to argue her plea for leave
- Finance SpiceJet Announces 8 New Daily International Flights
- Technology Drone Flying Laws Of Five Important Countries — Everything You Need To Know
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Manali Rain & Floods: The heavy rains and floods in Manali have claimed a lot of property-damage and livelihood. Rescue operations are still in full swing as many are left stranded in some areas. The highway connecting Manali and Leh has been closed for a brief period, owing to the consistent downpour.
Now, a shocking video of a tourist bus falling into the Beas river has become viral on the internet. Beas river flows by the side of the Chandigarh-Manali highway and many parts of the route were submerged in the past few days due to its overflow.
The video shows an unoccupied bus, parked by the side of the river, being a victim of the raging river in a moment's notice. Due to the violence of the river, the banks had started to give way. This led the bus to lose ground underneath and eventually end up in the river.
Luckily, nobody was inside the bus or else the severity of the incident could've increased. The bus is seen being taken away by the river effortlessly while also ramming it against the newly-formed side walls. The video really shows the power of a natural disaster.
As of now, it is unknown whether the bus has been washed to the bank or was submerged deep down. But sources suggest that this incident is just one of the many other vehicle-related accidents which the Manali rains have caused.
The government of Himachal Pradesh has taken necessary steps to reduce the impact of the heavy rains. Schools, colleges and ITIs will be closed in major areas such as Kullu and Kinnaur till further notice. A lot of volunteers and emergency services have also taken part in the relief operations.
Here's the horrific footage of the bus accident in Manali!
Thoughts On The Manali Floods
Manali is experiencing some of the worst calamities the country has witnessed this year. The state of Kerala went through a similar ordeal recently but thanks to the several thousandwho have lent support to the ones affected, the aftermath of the floods were greatly reduced. The same is happening in Manali as many from across India and abroad are trying their best to give hope to the ones affected.