- Sports ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli 'walks' out, fumes in dressing room as replays suggest he was not out
- News J&K: 'Braveheart' cop who was injured in June 12 Anantnag terrorist attack dies
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Technology How To Delete Keyboard History On Your Android Smartphone
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Car thefts are not uncommon. Thousands of cars are stolen every single day and the fate of these cars are unknown. Some of them would be sold again with a different registration number, some others would be stripped for parts and a few would be abandoned.
This unique case however, involves a thief stealing a car, then returning it to its house for its owners to use. If that wasn't weird enough already, the thief went back to steal the same car again, and then returned it. This process was repeated multiple times.
This incident occurred in a neighbourhood of the Decker Oaks village in Texas, USA. According to media reports, police claimed that the thief was Michael Armando Lopez and he repeatedly stole the van of an elderly couple.
The elderly couple, Rick Havards and Beverly Havards used the van primarily as a transport for Rick Havards who is disabled and confined to a wheelchair. The van in question was modified to accommodate Rick's electric wheelchair. However, the van is unusable now after the thief crashed it.
Michael Armando Lopez reportedly kept stealing the van only to use it as a getaway vehicle after he had committed other crimes which included burglaries. In-fact, he had attempted to steal other cars in the same neighbourhood and people in the area were aware that a burglar was on a loose in their locality.
Finally, video footage of Michael stealing a car has emerged and police apprehended him after he crashed the van. As usual, he had stolen the van and probably had intentions of returning it again, but this time, Police tried to stop him.
A chase then ensued and it ended with Michael crashing the van, therefore damaging it. Beverly can be seen complaining that he took advantage of an elderly and disabled couple.
Thoughts On Thief Stealing And Returning A Car Multiple Times
This is a pretty bewildering case because clearly the thief had committed other heinous acts elsewhere. Only in the case of the elder couple did the thief come back and return the car. What his motives were, might never be known, but the elderly couple's van would never be the same.