- 14 min ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Gets Five-Year Warranty — Aims To Beat Hyundai Venue & Mahindra XUV300
- 1 hr ago Suzuki Burgman Street 125 Launched In New Matte Black Paint Scheme — Priced At Rs 69,208
- Sports Asia Junior Championships 2019: Brave efforts of Meiraba in vain as India bow out of Mixed Team Event
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K20 Series Gets HDR Netflix, June Security Patch Via Latest Update
- News Mumbai: Fire breaks out at MTNL building in Bandra
- Movies Parth Samthaan & Niti Taylor's Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan Turns 5; Fans Recall MaNan's Magical Moments
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Lifestyle 60 Birds Fall To Death From Sky; Mass Poisoning Suspected
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019 Likely To Be Out Soon
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
The Mahindra Roxor is the Indian carmaker's off-roading ATV offering in the United States. Since its launch, Americans have become enamoured with this little all terrain vehicle from Mahindra and have even started modifying it. However, the modified Mahindra Roxor seen in the video below by youtube channel Diesel Freak.
The video shows the modified Mahindra Roxor climbing up a snowed out ski slope in Alaska. With its tank tracks on, the Roxor easily climbs up the ski slope despite the amount of snow that is packed on it, something that wouldn't have been as easy if the car was in stock form.
The modified Roxor gained the attention of the Anand Mahindra, the Chairman of the Mahindra Group who tweeted his appreciation of the tweaked off-roader. The Chairman of the Mahindra Group shared four images of the modified Roxor on his twitter handle.
Mahindra seems ready for an expedition in Alaska...Days ago, I tweeted a pic of the Mahindra Airvan utility aircraft fitted with skis...Now I get this from an enthusiast in Alaska who sighted our @Roxoroffroad fitted with snow tracks! I’m getting my heavy-duty parka out! pic.twitter.com/DgPX2GBcb2— anand mahindra (@anandmahindra) April 14, 2019
Caterpillar tracks are a common sight on modified vehicles plying in Alaska, which remains snowed out for most of the year. The tracks distribute the weight of the vehicle across a larger contact area, ensuring that they don't sink into the snow, which was the case with this modified Mahindra Roxor.
The Mahindra Roxor is the carmaker's only offering for the ATV market in the United States. The vehicle is classified as an ATV in the US but is not road legal and therefore cannot be driven on public roads. However, people who prefer going off the braten path can buy this plucky SUV for their off-roading adventures. Powering the Roxor in the United States is Mahindra's tried and tested 2.5-litre DI diesel engine that produces 62bhp and 180Nm of torque. THe engine is paired to a five-speed gearbox and four-wheel-drive. Mahindra has also equipped the Roxor with a low ratio gearbox. Like in India, Mahindra is aggressive with its pricing and the base Roxor starts at around $9,000 (Rs 6.42 lakh).