- Kerala Floods 2018 — Facts & Precautions To Know While Driving Through The Flooding
- Driving Licence And RC In Digital Formats Valid — Transport Ministry Notifies The States And Police
- No Phone Calls While Driving For Bangalore Bus Drivers — BMTC Officials Pass New Instruction
- Porsche Centre Bengaluru Sells India’s First 911 GT2 RS – The Most Insane Modern Porsche 911
- Gujarat Might Follow ‘One Citizen, One Vehicle’ Rule Soon — Government Asks RTOs To Prepare Data
- Seven Days Jail Time For Drunken Driving: Goa Police Asks To Amend Motor Vehicles Act Accordingly
Flight journeys can sometimes be really tiring. Though flight journeys are the quickest among conventional transport facilities, the amount of travel time can range from under an hour to several hours.
With such high travel distance and time, chances of being jet lagged also increases. Jet lag is the tiredness felt after travelling long distances from one time zone to another and is the result of our body adjusting our body's circadian rhythm. Circadian rhythm is basically an internal clock in our body which tells our body when to sleep, wake up, eat etc.
Do keep in mind that the flights in this list will change with time and technology. That said, here are some of the longest flight routes currently in operation:
10. Emirates Airline: Dubai - Los Angeles
This Emirates flight, though being the shortest flight in this list, offers a long journey. With a travel distance of 13,420 kilometres, the Airbus A380 takes 16 hours to complete its trip.
9. Etihad Airways: Abu Dhabi - Los Angeles
The Boeing 777-200LR takes roughly 16 hours and 30 minutes to cover a total travel distance of 13,503 kilometres. If flying conditions are not ideal, the time taken will be higher.
8. Delta Airlines: Johannesburg - Atlanta
It will take the Boeing 777-200LR around 16 hours and 50 minutes to take you from the dense jungles in South Africa to the concrete jungles of Atlanta. The flight has to travel almost 13,576 kilometres.
7. United Airlines: San Francisco - Singapore
Planning to go on a business trip from the US to Singapore? Be ready to spend just more than 17 hours on the flight. The Boeing 787-9 should travel 13,594 kilometres to reach its destination.
6. Qantas Airways: Dallas - Sydney
The journey between the two subcontinents, set apart by a distance of 13,804 kilometres, takes the Airbus A380 17 hours and 15 minutes to complete. Again, this happens only if the conditions are ideal.
5. United Airlines: Houston - Sydney
The Boeing 787-9 has to travel a distance of 13,834 kilometres to reach its final destination (no pun intended). The journey takes roughly 17 hours and 30 minutes.
4. United Airlines: Los Angeles - Singapore
The same Boeing 787-9 would take 17 hours and 50 minutes if it was to travel from North America to South-East Asia. The distance stands at 14,114 kilometres.
3. Emirates Airline: Auckland - Dubai
With a travel distance of 14,201 kilometres, but a lesser travel time of 17 hours and 5 minutes, the Airbus A380 travels to the list of Top 3 Longest Flight Routes.
2. Qantas: Perth - London
A Boeing 787-9 jet would take 17 hours and 20 minutes to travel from the Australian region to the English territory. The total distance ranges almost 14,500 kilometres.
1. Qatar Airways: Auckland - Doha
With a travel distance of 14,535 kilometres, this cross-Asian journey is the longest flight route as of now. It takes 18 hours and five minutes (yet again, if conditions are ideal) for a Boeing 777-200LR to cover the distance.
Thoughts On The Longest Flight Routes In The World
Most of us are frequent air passengers. However spending a lot of time on the flight itself is an extremely tiring ordeal. Though these flights do not fly in a single stretch, but stop at various airports for refuelling, the pain of sitting in a cocoon for hours is something to be experienced to know about. New jet engines are currently being developed to reduce air travel time by a good margin.
Now that you know this aeroplane fact, do you know why planes have rounded windows?