- 7 hrs ago Kia India Registers Highest Ever Monthly Sales - 25,87 Units Sold In September 2022
- 12 hrs ago Skoda India Witnesses 17 % Increase In Sales - Kushaq, Slavia Continue To Perform Well
- 1 day ago 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- 1 day ago Aston Martin DBX 707 Launched At Rs 4.63 Crore - Bond's Family Car Is In India
- News Security beefed up at Mumbai airport over hoax bomb threat
- Sports India vs South Africa, 2nd T20I: Toss, Playing 11 Update, Captains' Comments, Pitch Report
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Sumbul Touqeer Highest Paid Contestant Ever In Show's History; Check Out Other Contestants' Fees
- Education NTA Released ICAR AIEEA Result 2022 For UG programmes; Direct Link Here
- Finance Forgot Your UAN Password? Know How To Reset/Change UAN Password
- Technology Jio, Airtel, and Vi 5G Services in India; Here's How Fast Your Internet Will Be
- Lifestyle 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
Queen Elizabeth II passed away at the age of 96 on Thursday at Balmoral Castle. While she has left the world, her memories still live on in the hearts of millions. Apart from that, Queen Elizabeth II also happens to own a large collection of cars that can make any car enthusiast excited.
Though Queen Elizabeth II is mostly chauffeured, she sometimes likes to take the wheel and drive, and whenever she drives, it is mostly a Land Rover. In fact, her preference always leaned towards the British off-roaders.
It is also reported that her favourite Land Rover is the 2022 LR Defender 110 TD5. Recently, Land Rover even gifted a current-generation Defender 130 SUV to the British Red Cross during her 75th Anniversary as a Queen to commemorate her relationship with the brand.
Another interesting fact is that Queen Elizabeth II does not need a valid driving license or a passport as both of these are issued in her name. So, it would be just redundant for her to have a license or passport.
Coming back to Queen Elizabeth II's car collection, her collection mostly includes British manufacturers and consists of Land Rover, Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Bently, and Aston Martin. Apart from that Queen Elizabeth II also happened to own Daimler vehicles as well.
Bently State Limousine
While Rolls-Royces are preferred cars for royals while heading out for formal occasions, the unique Bently State Limousine gifted by the Crewe manufacturer in 2002 quickly became the Queen's favourite vehicle to be chauffeured around.
This vehicle was a gift to mark the 50th anniversary of the Queen's accession to the throne. Though the Bently State Limousine is based on the Bently Arnage, it is completely customed to a level that the Flying B on the bonnet is replaced by a solid silver sculpture of St George slaying a dragon.
In addition to that, the Bently State Limousine is armoured and powered by a 6.75-litre V8 engine with approximately 400bhp of peak power.
Rolls-Royce Phantom IV State Landaulet
Before the arrival of the Bently State Limousine in Queen's garage, the Rolls-Royce Phantom IV State Landaulet. This particular model has been in service since 1955 and was returned back to Rolls-Royce in 2022.
In fact, it is one of the rarest cars in the world as only 18 units of these landaulet models were built by Rolls-Royce, and all these models were exclusively sold to heads of state. On the inside, the Queen's model sported dark blue and grey upholstery as well.
On the outside, this particular Rolls-Royce Phantom IV State Landaulet was painted in claret and Black. Coming to the powertrain, the Rolls-Royce Phantom IV is powered by a 5.7-litre, naturally-aspirated, straight-eight engine.
It is said that Land Rovers have been the Queen's favourite car for quite some time and whenever she is behind the wheel, it is most likely to be a Land Rover as well.
Though Land Rovers are never regarded as driver's car, Queen is quite fond of them and has around 30 of them in her garage. Starting from the Land Rover Series 1 to the latest Land Rover Defender, she has most of them.
However, as mentioned earlier, the 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 TD5 continues to be one of her favourite vehicles and she has been most photographed driving this SUV.
Thoughts About Queen Elizabeth II
With the loss of Queen Elizabeth II, Britain has surely lost much more than a monarch. Though Queen Elizabeth II rarely gave interviews and not many know about her personal feelings, many say that she had a deep sense of religious and civic duty, and took her Coronation Oath seriously.