- 10 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- 11 hrs ago Petrol And Diesel Vehicle Ban Plan In India: Government's Decision Revealed
- 12 hrs ago Zomato & Swiggy Team-Up With Pune Traffic Police In Giving Discounts To Law-Abiding Motorists
- 13 hrs ago New Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.10 Lakh
- Technology Buying Guide: No Cost EMI Offers On Best Laptops For Students
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 1: Career Best Opening For Ram Pothineni!
- News Karnataka crisis: BJP lawmakers dine, sleep inside Vidhana Soudha to protest bias
- Sports McIlroy disappointment at nightmare Open start not enhanced by being at Portrush
- Lifestyle Congratulations To Arjun Rampal & Gabriella Demetriades! Baby Care Tips For New Parents
- Finance Model Tenancy Act To Give A Fillip To Rental Housing: Here's A Fine Print
- Education DU JAT Result 2019 Released: Check Direct Links And Final Answer Key
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Mankind and its thirst and penchant for engineering masterpieces is one that is never-ending. This learjet limo is one such engineering marvel, featuring a custom design, transforming what was once a desirable aircraft into a club on wheels. This is a one-off vehicle, built by two men over the last 12 years.
Dan Harris and Frank DeAngelo, based out of Minnesota, USA conceived the idea in 2006 and got to work immediately. It took them 12 years to complete the Learjet Limo as they did it all by themselves.
The Learjet limo is based on a Learjet 28 private aircraft that was produced between 1977 and 1982. Learjet is one of the best manufacturers in the business of private aircraft and their aircraft are used by billionaires and even the top military brass of a few nations.
Dan and Frank got to work on the Learjet and took off the wings from both the sides. The landing gear was stripped and the aircraft was then fitted with axles at the front and rear. The biggest mechanical change though was the addition of a LS-based General Motors Vortec V8 engine to drive the rear wheels.
The tail of the aircraft is left as it was with the stabiliser and elevator still on it. The Learjet 28 was once powered by two General Electric Turbojet engines, but they now have been replaced with lights where the exhaust once sent out hot gases and a massive speaker where the engines once sucked in air.
Speakers along with ambient lighting have also been mounted near the landing gear and also at the rear inside the new bumpers. A majority of changes to the learjet have been done inside the aircraft. The interiors look like they have been taken straight out of a posh club in Las Vegas.
It is filled with speakers, amplifiers and lights. At the rear end is a large screen. The interiors feature a row of side-facing recliner seats with comfortable seating for eight people. The driver gets ample space inside the cockpit with a bucket seat taking care of comfort.
The Learjet Limo was created at a cost of $1 Million (Rs 7.14 Crore) and would be rented out to those who can afford having a luxurious mode of transport like this one. The owners though are willing to sell it for a handsome price of $5 Million (Rs 35.70 Crore)
Thoughts On Learjet Limo
The Learjet Limo is without doubt one of the most rioutous modes of luxury transport out there. It is one of a kind, so it has the uniqueness one is looking for. If you want a vehicle to make a statement for you, this certainly is the one.