- 13 hrs ago New Audi S5 Sportback Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- 18 hrs ago New Bajaj Platina 110 ABS Model Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 65,920
- 18 hrs ago BMW M340i xDrive Bookings Open Ahead Of India Launch: Comes Slideways Ready!
- News Farmers' Protest: Farmers to block KMP expressway for 5 hour to mark 100 days of protest
- Movies Happy Birthday Janhvi Kapoor: We Would Love To See The Actress Romance These South Heroes!
- Sports Qatar Open: Kvitova and Muguruza to meet again in final
- Technology Redmi Note 10s, Redmi Note 10 5G Gets BIS Certification; Might Arrive Under Poco Branding In India
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Some Rules That You Need To Follow When Observing A Fast
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
- Education Karnataka BEd Result 2021 Declared At schooleducation.kar.nic.in
- Finance Post office Account Changes That You Should Know
The Italian police department recently used their Lamborghini supercar to transport a kidney to a hospital. The italian police used the supercar to complete the 500 kilometre journey between a northern town of Padova to Rome in just 2 hours, which otherwise would take over 6 hours to complete.
The police department shared the video on their social channels, which since then has gone viral. The video also came with a caption, which translated to English, reads, "Thanks to our @Lamborghini Huracan, we transported the kidney of a donor in time for transplantation to a person. "To save a life you don't need superpowers" solidarity, technology and efficiency also help."
The Huracan supercar used was reportedly gifted to the Italian police by Lamborghini themselves, back in 2015.
The Lamborghini Huracan in the Italian police fleet is said to be used for occasions like this, where urgent and high-priority transportation of organs, plasmas, vaccines is required. The supercar is also said to come fitted with a special coolbox at the front boot space, which keeps the organs safe when being transported.
Talking about the supercar itself, the Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4 comes powered by a 5.2-litre naturally-aspirated V10 engine. It produces 602bhp at 8000rpm and 560Nm of peak torque at 6500rpm. The supercar is capable of reaching a top speed of 202mph (325kmph), which allowed it to be used for the high-priority medical requirement.
The Lamborghini Huracan used by the Italian police department comes with a special Blue and White livery, with ‘Polizia' stickering all around. The Huracan also comes with the siren lights on top. The car as mentioned above is used for medical requirements like this and isn't used for high-speed crime chase. The Polizia Huracan is showcased at various events and car shows as well.
Thoughts On The Lamborghini Huracan Delivering A Kidney 500Kms Away In Just 2 Hours
It is interesting to see a supercar such as the Lamborghini Huracan being used for transporting organs. However, it does make sense considering the power and performance capabilities of the supercar.