- 26 min ago 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Launched In India At Rs 2.17 Crore
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Variants & Engine Options Leaked Ahead Of India Launch On June 28: Details
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Launched In India At Rs 13.18 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover Velar Launched In India At Rs 79.87 Lakh
- Technology RIL Likely To Announce Price Of Jio- Google Smartphones On June 24
- Sports WTC Final: India vs New Zealand: Battle of bowlers looms at Ageas Bowl; a welcome change too!
- Education CBSE Class 12th Evaluation Criteria 2021 Released, Results By July 31
- News This bizarre deep-sea animal found in 2011 is the sole survivor of 180 million years of evolution
- Lifestyle Your Striped Pyjama Set Goals Ft. Karisma Kapoor And Anushka Sharma
- Movies Salman Khan To Collaborate With Rajkumar Gupta For An Action Thriller Based On True Events?
- Finance SBI Alerts On Fake KYC Update Links: Know How Is KYC Done At SBI
- Travel Madhya Pradesh Tourism Collaborates With The Vidya Balan-Starrer Amazon Original Film ‘Sherni’
The Italian police department recently used their Lamborghini supercar to transport a kidney to a hospital. The italian police used the supercar to complete the 500 kilometre journey between a northern town of Padova to Rome in just 2 hours, which otherwise would take over 6 hours to complete.
The police department shared the video on their social channels, which since then has gone viral. The video also came with a caption, which translated to English, reads, "Thanks to our @Lamborghini Huracan, we transported the kidney of a donor in time for transplantation to a person. "To save a life you don't need superpowers" solidarity, technology and efficiency also help."
The Huracan supercar used was reportedly gifted to the Italian police by Lamborghini themselves, back in 2015.
The Lamborghini Huracan in the Italian police fleet is said to be used for occasions like this, where urgent and high-priority transportation of organs, plasmas, vaccines is required. The supercar is also said to come fitted with a special coolbox at the front boot space, which keeps the organs safe when being transported.
Talking about the supercar itself, the Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4 comes powered by a 5.2-litre naturally-aspirated V10 engine. It produces 602bhp at 8000rpm and 560Nm of peak torque at 6500rpm. The supercar is capable of reaching a top speed of 202mph (325kmph), which allowed it to be used for the high-priority medical requirement.
The Lamborghini Huracan used by the Italian police department comes with a special Blue and White livery, with ‘Polizia' stickering all around. The Huracan also comes with the siren lights on top. The car as mentioned above is used for medical requirements like this and isn't used for high-speed crime chase. The Polizia Huracan is showcased at various events and car shows as well.
Thoughts On The Lamborghini Huracan Delivering A Kidney 500Kms Away In Just 2 Hours
It is interesting to see a supercar such as the Lamborghini Huracan being used for transporting organs. However, it does make sense considering the power and performance capabilities of the supercar.