TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Pulwama Attack — All-Party Meet Begins; Rajnath To Brief Opposition
- 2019 Honda Civic Review — Has The Magic Returned?
- India Vs Australia ODI — Rahul Returns To India Squad; Karthik & Jadeja Miss Out
- Gully Boy Friday Second Day Box Office Collection!
- Mi Pay Standalone App Arrives With MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM: Reports
- It Maybe Time For These Beaten Down Stocks To Rally
- Latent Autoimmune Diabetes In Adults
- To The Amazing Town Of Morbi In Gujarat
Amrutha Kashinath and Shubra Acharya, two young women bikers travelled from Kanyakumari to Leh in just 129 hours. Yes, it's the fastest ride from Kanyakumari to Leh, completed by women on motorcycles. This ultimate ride also enters the Limca Book of Records in the process.
Amrutha said that though they did not have any plans to complete the trip in a limited time period, they decided to take on the challenge anyway and were able to finish the trip in just five days time. Amrutha also added that they wanted to break stereotypes that women can't travel on their own and always need to have a male companion for safety purposes.
Though the trip was completely sponsored, both women bikers have been on such long journeys together multiple times in the past seven years. To make this trip possible, both women had to complete several training sessions together.
Both bikers have been on various expeditions covering over two lakh kilometers across the length and breadth of the country. They have also been on trips to Bhutan and Sri Lanka, and are now considering Mongolia as their next destination.
On the topic of the recent Kanyakumari to Leh trip, both mentioned that the hardest part was the short five hours resting time between riding. While the most dangerous riding region being the Tanglangla Pass in Ladakh, prone to rain and snowstorms.
Thoughts On The Kanyakumari To Leh Record Journey
This kind of trip on its own demands a lot of strength and takes months of preparation to execute. By completing the journey in record time, these women have become a source of motivation and inspiration for others.
Image Courtesy: Facebook