- 5 hrs ago 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Volvo S60 Sedan Unveiled: India Launch Scheduled For March Next Year
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 10 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- Sports FanCode to live stream matches in New Zealand for Indian audience
- News 4 killed due to Nivar cyclone in Tamil Nadu: PM Modi speaks to CM, announces relief
- Movies Mammootty's Bilal Is Delayed; The Megastar To Join Hands With Amal Neerad For A New Project?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ Bags BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- Finance India's Fiscal Deficit Reaches 120% Of Yearly Target In Apr-Oct
- Lifestyle Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
Jeep Willys is an iconic off-roader from the brand across the globe. The Jeep Willys off-roader was recently seen in the Malayalam movie, Lucifer, driven around by Actor Mohanlal. Inspired from this, a man in Kerala has built a fully-functional miniature toy version of the SUV for a 10-year old kid.
Arunkumar from the Kollam district of Kerala has built a fully-functional miniature replica of the iconic Jeep Willys SUV, before gifting it to a 10-year old kid. As seen in the video shared by Arunkumar Creativity/YouTube, the miniature Jeep Willys comes with a number of parts borrowed from different vehicles and/or built in-house by Arunkumar himself.
In the video, Arunkumar states that it took him between seven to eight months to complete the entire build. The video of the miniature Jeep Willys also showcases the dedication and efforts of Arunkumar to complete the project.
Arunkumar states that he built the Jeep Willys using his spare time over the past seven to eight months. The miniature Jeep Willys is said to weigh around 75 kilograms, however, it is capable of pulling twice its weight.
While there are many parts of the Jeep Willys miniature model, which are borrowed from different vehicles, the Chassis has been built by him using rectangular pipes. Arunkumar also designed and built the rack & pinion system for the steering wheel himself, as such small sizes are not produced or available anywhere.
However, the miniature Jeep Willys is said to borrow its analogue console unit from a Royal Enfield motorcycle. While the leaf spring suspension setup uses metal plates off of an original Jeep. The metal plates are said to be connected to the rear axle using a chain-sprocket system.
The miniature Jeep Willys SUV is said to come with a 24v battery pack powering the electric motor. The miniature SUV toy comes with a forward, neutral and reverse gear.
The toy also features a fabric roof, which can be rolled back similar to that on the original. The miniature Jeep Willys also comes with headlamps, taillights, fog lamps, operational windscreen wipers, USB mobile charging port, horn, interior lights and more.
Thoughts On The Miniature Jeep Willys Toy Built For A 10-Year Old
The miniature Jeep Willys toy has been built extremely well, having lots of similarities with the original. It is nice to see the efforts and dedication of such people being recognised and shared by everyone.