TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) has set up Micro-ATMs at their fuel stations. The new Micro-ATMs will allow customers to pay for their fuel through fingerprints. Thus, eliminating any sort of cash or card payments.
The company has partnered with Oxigen Mirco Agency and IDFC bank for the fingerprint payment system. Indian Oil has already set up two outlets in Bhopal with Micro-ATMs. The company is further expected to extend this facility to other fuel stations across India.
The new machines will use the thumb impression of the customer for completing the payment transaction. This, they hope will eliminate payments via cash and card, while also bringing in a more convenient method of payment for the customers.
The machines used, however, will also be able to accept other modes of payment such as cards, Bharat QR code, UPI, BHIM, and Aadhar pay. IOCL, hope that the cashless transaction will reduce the long queues, ensuring quicker service.
Apart from the cashless payment, Indian Oil is also planning to introduce self-service fuel stations in the country. The fuel dispensers will be imported, allowing users to fill up their tanks after making payments. The first of such self-service fuel stations is expected to be introduced in Bhopal soon.
Recently, Indian Oil Corporation also introduced the country's first diesel home delivery system in Pune. The PESO approved plan, will allow the oil retailers to deliver diesel, right at the customer's door-steps. The company is also working on introducing petrol delivery soon.
Thoughts On Indian Oil Fingerprint Payment Method
Indian Oil Corporation is one of India's leading fuel retailers. The company has been introducing different ways of ensuring smoother and quicker service at fuel stations in the country. With the latest cashless transaction system, the company hopes to prevent customers from waiting in long queues for fuel.