- 28 min ago Kochi To Get 15 Electric Vehicle Charging Station — Total Operational Capacity By End 2020
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki AGS: The Automatic Transmission For Every Indian
- 18 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 19 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi Note 7s offline sales begin today starting at Rs 10,999
- Sports When will Brock Lesnar cash in on WWE Money in the Bank contract?
- Finance Petrol, Diesel Prices Increased Marginally
- Movies Pawan Kalyan's Biggest Fan Gets Trolled After A Controversial Tweet!
- News Andhra Pradesh Lok Sabha Election 2019 results: Full list of winners
- Lifestyle 11 Amazing Health Benefits Of Oranges
- Education HSCAP Allotment Result 2019 Kerala Released
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
'Haathi mat paalo' is Bajaj's mocking calling card to the rivals (cough 'Royal Enfield Bullet' cough) of its Dominar 400. The fact of the matter is that the Dominar 400 is much more powerful bike compared to the Bullet 350 as it produces 14.5bhp more than its rival and weighs a lot less. For many Dominar owners, it isn't the Bullet 350 that gives them nightmares about what their bike can be but rather the sprint specialist that is the Duke 390.
Thankfully those bemoaning the lack of Duke levels of power on the Dominar 400 can now rest easy thanks to Bangalore-based car and motorcycle customizers, Race Concepts. The customization wizards at Race Concepts have given the Dominar a 20 percent rise in power and torque thanks to four major upgrades that will get Dominar ready to race with the Dukes.
When measured on the Dyno, the Dominar 400's 373cc, single cylinder engine produces around 27bhp & 27Nm at the wheel after taking into account losses due to the transmission setup. Wheel horsepower (ie horsepower measured at the wheel) is usually around 10 to 20 percent less than the figure at the crank (which is what manufacturers quote for power and torque).
Race Concepts have modified the Dominar's 400 by modifying the head of the engine and giving it a remapped ECU along with a free-flow air intake and exhaust system.
The changes mean that the Race Concepts Bajaj Dominar 400 produces 33.4bhp and 32.1Nm of torque at the wheel which is around 20 percent more than the standard bike. The figures translate to around 40bhp and 40Nm of torque at the crank which is quite close to what the Duke 390 pushes out and possibly makes the Race Concepts Dominar 400 the most powerful motorcycle in India to bear the Dominar name.
Race Concepts has not given any performance figures for its modified Bajaj Dominar 400 or the price. Those wishing for more details about getting their own Dominar 400s customized can contact Race Concepts on their facebook page for details including the cost of the vehicle.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Race Concepts Bajaj Dominar 400
The Bajaj Dominar 400 is being promoted as a faster and more reliable option to the Royal Enfiled Bullet and in stock form, the bike will keep all the so-called haathis at bay with ease. However, the Race Concepts Dominar 400 is something that will give even the Dominar's progenitor a run for its money and that for many is something they'll be willing to pay good money for. The Race Concepts Dominar 400 doesn't look that different from a regular Dominar so don't be too surprised if you find this modified Dominar growling its way past you with absolute ease in a sprint from the lights.