- 9 min ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For April 2019 — The Honda Activa Runs Away With The Sales Yet Again!
- 17 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India For April 2019 — Hero MotoCorp Receives Stiff Competition From Honda
- 17 hrs ago Ducati Reveals Super Soco CUx Electric Scooter — A Piece Of MotoGP
- 17 hrs ago Royal Enfield 650 Twins Sales Figures Cross 2000 Units A Month
- Movies Arjun Kapoor's Family DOESN'T WANT Him To Get Married To Malaika Arora In THIS Way!
- Technology Infinix to launch 4 smartphones and a smartwatch in H2 of 2019
- Finance How Election Results Will Impact Your Investments?
- Sports Virat alone can't win World Cup, others will need to step up: Tendulkar
- News Modi-Shah strike rate way ahead of Rahul-Priyanka
- Lifestyle 10 Effective Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure Hypotension
- Education TS Inter Re-verification Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On May 27
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The Indian Air Force (IAF) has started a proposal to purchase three more C-17 Globemaster III aircraft from the US. The cost would be approximately INR 8,700 crore.
The Air Force is impressed by this large aircraft's utility and usage like the present evacuation process that is going on in Nepal.
The Indian Air Force had already ordered 10 C-17 aircrafts back in 2011. Now, they are looking forward to add three more to their fleet.
Since the production line of the C-17 is closed in the US, they have just five aircrafts for sale currently, and the Indian Air Force is pushing hard to buy three of them.
According to the USD 4.7 billion deal in 2011, India had an option to purchase 6 additional aircrafts, over the 10 that were ordered. But funding issues has minimised the requirement to just three.
Manohar Parrikar, the head of Defence Acquisition Committee will have to approve this proposal.