- 1 day ago Auto Parts Manufacturers Ask Government To Reduce GST To 18 Percent Amidst Industry Slowdown
- 1 day ago UM Motorcycles Discontinued In India: Stopping Production Leaving Dealers Stranded
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Bookings Crosses 10,000 Units Since Launch: Rivals The New Renault Kwid
- 1 day ago Toyota Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News What was the mystery object Modi was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale Oct 13 to 17: Best Samsung Smartphones To Buy
- Sports Sourav Ganguly set to be new BCCI president, Brijesh Patel likely to be IPL Chairman
- Movies Deepika Padukone On Ranveer Singh: He’s A Different Person Every 6 Months
- Lifestyle Be Ethnic Ready With These Bollywood Divas-inspired Stunning Golden-Silver Saris
- Finance India, China To Set Up New Mechanism For Trade And Investment
- Travel 10 Least Visited Places In India And Why You Should Visit Them
- Education October 2: Exclusive 150th Birth Eve Mahatma Gandhi Quotes And Views On Education 2019
The Indian Air Force (IAF) has started a proposal to purchase three more C-17 Globemaster III aircraft from the US. The cost would be approximately INR 8,700 crore.
The Air Force is impressed by this large aircraft's utility and usage like the present evacuation process that is going on in Nepal.
The Indian Air Force had already ordered 10 C-17 aircrafts back in 2011. Now, they are looking forward to add three more to their fleet.
Since the production line of the C-17 is closed in the US, they have just five aircrafts for sale currently, and the Indian Air Force is pushing hard to buy three of them.
According to the USD 4.7 billion deal in 2011, India had an option to purchase 6 additional aircrafts, over the 10 that were ordered. But funding issues has minimised the requirement to just three.
Manohar Parrikar, the head of Defence Acquisition Committee will have to approve this proposal.