- 7 hrs ago EV Charger Installation In Delhi Becomes Easier: New Application Process Implemented
- 11 hrs ago HOP Leo & Lyf Electric Scooters Launched In India At Rs 65,500
- 14 hrs ago 2021 BMW S 1000 R Launched In India At Rs 17.90 Lakh
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio Design Patent Images Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Details
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale: Discount Offer On New Apple iPhones
- Movies Exclusive: Rumi Jaffery Writes On Sushant Singh Rajput - Read His Heartfelt Note
- Sports Euro 2020: Hungary 0-3 Portugal: Ronaldo makes history as holders stage late show
- News Deaths due to COVID-19 in the United States hit 600,000, equal to yearly cancer toll
- Finance Fitch Affirms Adani Ports at 'BBB-'; Outlook Negative
- Education ISRO Offering 3 Free Online Courses For Students And Professionals
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Exudes Vintage Vibes With Her Gorgeous Ivory-Hued Midi Dress; Gives Purse Goals Too!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In June 2021
India's first hydrogen-powered three-wheeler using low-pressure storage technology is being developed in the country. The development project is led by Pune-based h2e Power Systems along with Canada-based Hydrogen in Motion company under the Indo-Canadian program funded by GITA.
h2e Power Systems aims to launch the hydrogen fuel cell-powered three-wheeler as a low-cost product offering in the Indian market. The company will be using PEM Fuel Cell & innovative Hydrogen Cylinders to develop the nation's first integrated hydrogen fuel cell-powered three-wheeler.
According to the company, the hydrogen three-wheeler concept is primarily targeted for inter-city transportation. This includes both public and goods transport. The hydrogen three-wheeler will feature h2e's fuel cell technology with a low pressure (50bar) Hydrogen Cylinder to store the fuel.
The low-pressure Hydrogen Cylinder technology has been developed by Hydrogen in Motion, Canada. Because of this technology, the zero-emission hydrogen three-wheeler can be priced competitively against other ICE and battery-powered vehicles.
Images are for representation purposeHydrogen-powered vehicles have huge advantages over other zero-emission vehicles. While battery-powered vehicles need to be charged, the hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles have an onboard electricity generation technology, that charges the battery on the move.
Mr Sidharth R Mayur, Founder & Managing Director, h2e Power Systems, said, "India is on the cusp of a big e-Mobility revolution, and we are moving fast from fossil-based mobility to batteries and Hydrogen. We are already producing Green Hydrogen from our Electrolysers and now developing a 3-Wheeler concept for inter-city public and goods transport using Green Hydrogen.
We are thankful to GITA for their support of this novel idea, which has promised to amplify the Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) concept in India. h2e, again, is at the forefront of the Hydrogen road map in India. There couldn't be a better message to give to the world than a Zero Emission Vehicle on World Environment Day."
Ms Grace Quan, CEO, Hydrogen In Motion, said, "India is a natural market for our low-pressure high-density swappable Hydrogen tanks H2M technology can be instrumental in Hydrogen Fuel Cell adoption and address India's energy needs with zero-emission technology. Our partnership with h2e is the beginning of a rollout of a diversity of products and applications in motive and stationary fields with our combined Hydrogen products."
Mr Amarnath Chakradeo, Co-Founder & Executive Director, h2e Power Systems, said, "The high-pressure storage tanks always added to the challenges on the use of Hydrogen in mobility, both on cost and integration. With the innovative metal Hydrite Cylinders, we will bring down the cost of storage substantially and provide a higher mileage to the 3-Wheeler owner & a better ROI".
Thoughts About The Hydrogen-Powered Three-Wheeler Under Development By H2E Power Systems
The hydrogen fuel cell technology in vehicles is still at a nascent stage in India. The technology is also not easily accessible because of its complexities. However, h2e aims to change this and make hydrogen fuel cell technology affordable and accessible in the country.