- 9 hrs ago Kia India Registers Highest Ever Monthly Sales - 25,87 Units Sold In September 2022
- 14 hrs ago Skoda India Witnesses 17 % Increase In Sales - Kushaq, Slavia Continue To Perform Well
- 1 day ago 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- 1 day ago Aston Martin DBX 707 Launched At Rs 4.63 Crore - Bond's Family Car Is In India
- Sports Legends League Cricket: Taylor, Nurse’s blazing knocks power India Capitals to final
- News Intelligence dept gets input about threat to Maha CM Shinde's life; security beefed up
- Finance Post Office Saving Schemes Interest Rates Rise, Check Interest Rates Here
- Movies Adipurush Teaser Review: Prabhas Embodies Lord Rama Completely In The Animated Epic Battle Of Good And Evil
- Education NTA Released ICAR AIEEA Result 2022 For UG programmes; Direct Link Here
- Technology Jio, Airtel, and Vi 5G Services in India; Here's How Fast Your Internet Will Be
- Lifestyle 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
While a few people try their best to make the world a better place, a large section of people directly or indirectly do the opposite. Now, the latest victim of such an act is Bangalore city. A large enough portion of the city is now under water and people are incurring huge losses.
While the blame game continues regarding the flood, it is the public who suffers the most. As such, here are some tips that will help you protect your vehicle during a flood.
You must have seen pictures of flooded cars in parking lots and open grounds. To prevent such a situation, always try to park the car on higher ground as it may save your car and also a lot of money as well. This reduces the chances of car getting flooded.
Make sure you have disconnected the battery of your car during the flood as this will prevent any chances of short circuit or permanent electrical damage.
Keep Windows & Doors Shut
The most basic thing you can do to your vehicle during a flood is to keep the windows and doors of your car shut properly. This will greatly reduce the chances of water damage to the interior.
Do Not Crank The Car
The biggest mistake most people do after a flood is to check their car by starting it. We highly recommend towing the car to the nearest mechanic before cranking the engine to avoid further damage to the vehicle
Drying the interiors is a very important process after a flood as the interior of the car may have gotten wet during the flood. This will lead to bacterial and fungal growth on the interior of your car. The most affordable method to dry the interior is to park the car under direct sunlight and open all doors
Post floods, it is very essential to replace all fluids in the car to avoid contaminants from causing further damage to the internals of the car.
Replace Air filter
Replacing the air filter after a flood is one of the most basic and important things to do as the air filter may contain many impurities. Also, a flooded air filter can hinder the performance of the car by a significant margin.
Driving In Flood
We highly recommend not to drive your car during the flood as it is almost impossible to judge the condition of roads underneath the murky water.
Keep Revs High
Do not worry about wasting your fuel and keep the revs high. The best way to do this is by keeping your car in 1st and 2nd gears only. Moreover, keeping revs high will ensure that the water does not seep into the engine via the exhaust.
Do Not Drive On The Edge Of The Road
During floods, it is better to drive the car on the central part of the road as it is not only less susceptible to damage but is also likely to be the highest part on most roads.
Thoughts About Flood Protection
Following the above tips will help protect your car up to a certain extent during floods and save you a lot of money on repair as well.