- 1 hr ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 5 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- 8 hrs ago Skoda Rapid Rider Plus Variant Discontinued In India: Base Automatic Variant Price Increases
- 21 hrs ago Mahindra XUV300 To Get A 130 Bhp Petrol Engine; The Most Powerful In Its Segment
- News Income Tax dept continues searches at properties, institutes linked to Anil Deshmukh
- Sports IPL 2021: We will focus on our process in every match: Delhi Capitals' captain Rishabh Pant
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Did Rohit Shetty Accidentally Hint Towards The Winner's Name?
- Finance Indian Gold Rates Today Quoted At Rs. 45,390, Showing Downward Trend, Should You Buy?
- Education Schools In Rajasthan To Reopen For Classes 6 To 8 From September 20
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
- Lifestyle Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
Guy Martin is set to break the 300mph (482.8km/h) barrier on his turbocharged Suzuki Hayabusa. The Isle Of Man TT rider and TV celebrity is attempting a new land speed record in the UK. Breaking the 300mph barrier is no small feat in itself. Guy Martin had been working on the modified Suzuki Hayabusa throughout the lockdown, and it now seems ready for the record run.
The Suzuki Hayabusa is one of the fastest machines on earth. It is named after the peregrine falcon which is the fastest bird in the world. When diving, the peregrine falcon is said to touch speeds of up to 320km/h, and the Hayabusa took perfect inspiration from it. When Suzuki launched the Hayabusa in 1999, it immediately became the fastest production motorcycle in the world.
With a top speed of around 312km/h, it took the speed record for the fastest production motorcycle. Since then, quite a few superbikes have been launched which can also do this speed. However, the Hayabusa still remains among the fastest even after 20 years since it was launched.
The Suzuki Hayabusa itself has received several updates over the years. Suzuki launched the third-generation of the motorcycle recently. It comes with several updates in terms of cycle parts and electronics and even gets new engine internals. The top speed though, remains almost the same.
For people like Guy Martin though, the stock top speed of over 300km/h just isn't enough. Guy Martin is one of the best motorcycle riders in the world with over 17 podium positions at the Isle of Man TT. He has a great personality even when he is off the TT circuit. He has several unique world record titles to his name.
Guy Martin holds the record for the highest speed on a gravity-powered snow sled, highest speed on a wall of death, fastest soapbox, highest speed in a tractor, just to name a few. For Guy Martin though, these records simply aren't enough. He is now after the land speed record for a motorcycle in a standing start one mile run.
The exact modifications made to the Hayabusa aren't known yet. However, it is said to be pushing out around 860bhp. The engine has been turbocharged for sure, and it will also run on nitro. Extensive modifications have been done to the body for aerodynamics. The proper land-speed record body kit has been shaped in a wind tunnel.
This should allow Guy to have proper control of the motorcycle at higher speeds. The record run is expected to take place at a runway anytime now, and we are looking forward to it.
Thoughts On Guy Martin Attempting To Break 300Mph Barrier In One Mile
Guy Martin is among those few people who always aim at crossing boundaries and this attempt at the one-mile run with a standing start is the perfect example. The Suzuki Hayabusa being used for this record is one of the more extreme machines on the planet. Guy Martin has already touched 274.2mph (441.28km/h). 300mph (482.8km/h) is not too far from his reach.