- 4 hrs ago Omega Seiki Electric Three-Wheelers With Log 9 Battery Pack Takes 30 Minutes For Full Charge
- 5 hrs ago Piaggio India Opens 100 dealerships In 100 Days: A New Milestone Achieved!
- 6 hrs ago White Carbon Motors GT5 Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago The Largest Business Jet Gets Features From Rafale Fighter: Dassault Falcon 10X Unveiled
- News 111 mucormycosis patients undergoing treatment in Mumbai: BMC
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3: Dimpal Bhal Is Back; The Mohanlal Show To Get An Extension?
- Sports IPL 2021: When Kuldeep Yadav felt he wasn't the same bowler he used to be
- Finance 11 Top 5G Tech Stocks To Invest In India 2021 Which May Become Multibaggers In This Decade
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ Goddess Kali Jacket Has Gone Viral; Some Don’t Like It But We Love It; Details Inside!
- Education Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Know The Significance Behind The Celebration Of This Festival
- Travel Places To Visit In Puducherry In May 2021
- Technology Poco M3 Pro 5G Launch Scheduled On May 19; Another Rebranded Redmi Smartphone?
Guy Martin is set to break the 300mph (482.8km/h) barrier on his turbocharged Suzuki Hayabusa. The Isle Of Man TT rider and TV celebrity is attempting a new land speed record in the UK. Breaking the 300mph barrier is no small feat in itself. Guy Martin had been working on the modified Suzuki Hayabusa throughout the lockdown, and it now seems ready for the record run.
The Suzuki Hayabusa is one of the fastest machines on earth. It is named after the peregrine falcon which is the fastest bird in the world. When diving, the peregrine falcon is said to touch speeds of up to 320km/h, and the Hayabusa took perfect inspiration from it. When Suzuki launched the Hayabusa in 1999, it immediately became the fastest production motorcycle in the world.
With a top speed of around 312km/h, it took the speed record for the fastest production motorcycle. Since then, quite a few superbikes have been launched which can also do this speed. However, the Hayabusa still remains among the fastest even after 20 years since it was launched.
The Suzuki Hayabusa itself has received several updates over the years. Suzuki launched the third-generation of the motorcycle recently. It comes with several updates in terms of cycle parts and electronics and even gets new engine internals. The top speed though, remains almost the same.
For people like Guy Martin though, the stock top speed of over 300km/h just isn't enough. Guy Martin is one of the best motorcycle riders in the world with over 17 podium positions at the Isle of Man TT. He has a great personality even when he is off the TT circuit. He has several unique world record titles to his name.
Guy Martin holds the record for the highest speed on a gravity-powered snow sled, highest speed on a wall of death, fastest soapbox, highest speed in a tractor, just to name a few. For Guy Martin though, these records simply aren't enough. He is now after the land speed record for a motorcycle in a standing start one mile run.
The exact modifications made to the Hayabusa aren't known yet. However, it is said to be pushing out around 860bhp. The engine has been turbocharged for sure, and it will also run on nitro. Extensive modifications have been done to the body for aerodynamics. The proper land-speed record body kit has been shaped in a wind tunnel.
This should allow Guy to have proper control of the motorcycle at higher speeds. The record run is expected to take place at a runway anytime now, and we are looking forward to it.
Thoughts On Guy Martin Attempting To Break 300Mph Barrier In One Mile
Guy Martin is among those few people who always aim at crossing boundaries and this attempt at the one-mile run with a standing start is the perfect example. The Suzuki Hayabusa being used for this record is one of the more extreme machines on the planet. Guy Martin has already touched 274.2mph (441.28km/h). 300mph (482.8km/h) is not too far from his reach.