TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chakravyuh — How Indian Agencies Kept A Check On The Growth Of The Islamic State
- IPL 2019: Highlights — CSK Beat SRH By 6 Wickets
- Xiaomi Redmi Y3 32 MP Selfie Cam Launch — Watch The Live Stream Here
- Bajaj Pulsar 180F ABS Price Revealed
- CONFIRMED! Salman's Tere Naam To Get A Sequel
- Six Ways to Ensure Good Deal on Personal Loan Interest Rate
- 10 Tips To Prevent Asthma Attacks
- Rourkela: A Weekend Getaway
Motorcycle road racer Guy Martin is planning to cross the English Channel in a human-powered airship. The latest record attempt by Guy was to break land speed motorcycle record on a Triumph Infor Streamliner. He crashed after losing the control of the Streamliner a mile into an FIM run.
The journey of Speed with Guy Martin continues as he intends to pedal over the Channel on a giant airship. Guy will be sitting on a cycle suspended beneath a balloon filled with helium and it has the size of a school bus. He will use every pedal stroke to spin two propellers to power the airship across the Channel.
Guy will be working with French aeronautical engineer Stephane Rousson to cover 24 miles in the Channel 4 show. The journey starts from Kent over the busiest shipping lane in the world to reach the French coast. For this amazing feat, Guy will learn to fly indoors at the historic Cardington Hangars in Bedfordshire, the factory where some of the world's biggest flying machines were created.
As Guy is preparing for a potential eight-hour journey, he will also learn a fast jet pilot course with the British military elite. This is for how to crash land in case something goes wrong during the record attempt.