TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala Protest Updates: "We Won't Return Until We See Lord Ayyappa", Says Trupti Desai
- Jio GigaFiber: List Of States In Which It Will Be Launched
- #SocialForGood For Mental Health Awareness
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- IPL 2019: Check Out The Full Squad Update
- New Jawa Perak Bobber First Look Review
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Gripping Facts About Jodhpur That Might Leave You In Awe
Motorcycle road racer Guy Martin is planning to cross the English Channel in a human-powered airship. The latest record attempt by Guy was to break land speed motorcycle record on a Triumph Infor Streamliner. He crashed after losing the control of the Streamliner a mile into an FIM run.
The journey of Speed with Guy Martin continues as he intends to pedal over the Channel on a giant airship. Guy will be sitting on a cycle suspended beneath a balloon filled with helium and it has the size of a school bus. He will use every pedal stroke to spin two propellers to power the airship across the Channel.
Guy will be working with French aeronautical engineer Stephane Rousson to cover 24 miles in the Channel 4 show. The journey starts from Kent over the busiest shipping lane in the world to reach the French coast. For this amazing feat, Guy will learn to fly indoors at the historic Cardington Hangars in Bedfordshire, the factory where some of the world's biggest flying machines were created.
As Guy is preparing for a potential eight-hour journey, he will also learn a fast jet pilot course with the British military elite. This is for how to crash land in case something goes wrong during the record attempt.