TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Between 2004 And 2018, National Parties Collected Rs 8721.14 Crore From Unknown Sources
- India Beats New Zealand In 1st ODI — Catch The Highlights
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- Best Smartphones With Android Pie To Buy In India 2019
- What Are MSMEs Expecting From The Interim Budget 2019?
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On MeToo Movement
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Why Sleep With Your Socks On?
Motorcycle road racer Guy Martin is planning to cross the English Channel in a human-powered airship. The latest record attempt by Guy was to break land speed motorcycle record on a Triumph Infor Streamliner. He crashed after losing the control of the Streamliner a mile into an FIM run.
The journey of Speed with Guy Martin continues as he intends to pedal over the Channel on a giant airship. Guy will be sitting on a cycle suspended beneath a balloon filled with helium and it has the size of a school bus. He will use every pedal stroke to spin two propellers to power the airship across the Channel.
Guy will be working with French aeronautical engineer Stephane Rousson to cover 24 miles in the Channel 4 show. The journey starts from Kent over the busiest shipping lane in the world to reach the French coast. For this amazing feat, Guy will learn to fly indoors at the historic Cardington Hangars in Bedfordshire, the factory where some of the world's biggest flying machines were created.
As Guy is preparing for a potential eight-hour journey, he will also learn a fast jet pilot course with the British military elite. This is for how to crash land in case something goes wrong during the record attempt.